Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Totems front porch

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 10 at 19:03

I switched the urns on the front porch to some Jack O'Lanterns totems.
I had one of the larger lanterns for several years, and found the matching one at Goodwill last year.
The 2 smaller ones I found on my shopping trip with Kath.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I used a piece of styrofoam between the 2 and covered it with silk leaves also from the same trip.

I also duct taped some leaves inside the rim of the urn.

Then I added a Dollar Tree tinsel Jack to the inside of my front door wreath.

Trick or Treat!!
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Totems front porch

Candy, your front porch entry looks great and I love the Jack O'Lanterns totems in your urns. The night shot is a pretty picture. The glitter pumpkin looks great in the center of your wreath. Keep on shoppin', I Love It!

Punk

o

Your Jack O' Lantern porch turned out super! Kids coming to your door are going to love it all. Heck, their parents will too! You've inspired me to do my front porch urn with pumpkins next season. (have to buy them on sale after this one ends).

hugs, Karen

o

Candy I love how your front entry looks.
The Jack O Lanterns in the urns are just so festive..
Great Idea.

jane

o

You are ready for the trick & treaters! Love the pumpkins in the urns! That night shot looks really good for the little ones coming to your door! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Looks really cute, Candy. Love the stacked jack o lanterns in the pots, as well as the one you used in your wreath. Great job! Luvs

o

Love your pumpkin patch & looks so inviting at night. The glitzy Jack-o-lantern face really makes your wreath sparkle! Love the totems & looks like you even cut a pumpkin to fit over the light! Jan

o

Punk, Karen, Jane, Jeanne, Luvs, You are all the best!! I really appreciate your comments.

Jan, I used a kids trick or treat pumpkin, split it up the back and cut out the bottom and slipped it over the outside light. I have another post showing a similar treatment on my garage carriage lights, using witch hats on top of the pumpkins. They look really cute when the lights are turned on!

Thanks everyone,
Candy

o

This is beautiful!!
I love the creative totems flanking the door. The glitter accent to the wreath adds just the right touch.
Very welcoming :).

o

love your porch - the kids are going to love that on Halloween - I absolutely love the totems - that is such a clever idea TFS ....

Lynne

o

Love the jack-o-lantern totems! Great idea and they look so cute at night~all of your decorations are great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here