Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Black and orange dining room table

christmascandy
12 years ago

The dining room table is set similar to last year, but with a few changes.

I found the orange Jack placemats at Pier 1 after Halloween last year for 75% off. I added the new witch hat plates to the end settings, so every place now has a witch hat bread and butter plate. I also added some black DT creepy cloth to the candleabras.

It's not easy getting a candyshot with the chandy in the way, so this is as good as I can get for this perspective.

This is the table where I replaced the side plates with the new Sakura plates I just found.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

LOVE it. Bright colors and FUN all rolled into one.
    Your Chandy is soo pretty and I NEED your napkin rings :-).

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy what a pretty table. Your new placemats look great and I love both sets of your dishes. This is just a wonderful table with all your added touches. So much detail. Cute mouse coming from under the shoe, spider in the caldron, creepy cloth on the candleabras, those napkins.

Enough said, I sure enjoyed seeing this.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

MM, the napkin rings are the little Jack candy cups that come several to a package. I just cut the bottom out of them to allow me to use them as napkin rings.

Punk, I bought a package of the mice at Target last year, and another set of gummy mice from DT last year. I stored them with a silica package from a pair of shoes and they lasted just fine. I also bought a package of bats and spiders at Target at the same time The spiders are crawling around the table and hanging on fishing line from the chandy as are the bats.

I found one set of 4 of the napkins last year and a matching set this year! Both from TS's, what are the odds?

Thanks ladies,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I love those new plates you just got that aren't in these pics (I'm sure they look even brighter than these!) This is such a FUN table, candy! I am lovin' it! Those bargain $$$ placemats really make your pumpkin' plates stand out! And the colors in the bread & butter witch plates...so fun!

And all the 'boots' you've used are 'boot-iful!' (too)!
    What fun! & your candyshot is very good! (all your pics are fun to look at)! TFS! Jeanne S.

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Candy: I should have known you made them from something but it never occured to me. :)
    I have some of the little candy cups packed away but as it goes.... anything I chop on never turns out very good. lol
    An idea for next years project though, thank you.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow! How Halloweeny! Looks so festive and inviting.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

It looks so fun and festive, how could anyone not have a great time eating at a table like that. Great job on all the finds and pulling it all together. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ditto what the others said, Candy. This is a really delightful table!

hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    12 years ago

I'm loving that big witch's shoe in the middle of the table & then the little set of 3. I have a pair of candle holders that are witches shoes, but never saw a big one like you have.

The table looks party ready, hope you had a big Halloween party with that festive table!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

MM, its really easy, because you just follow the bottom edge of the cup. They are such light weight plastic, you can use a good pair of scissors.

Marlene, it is such a fun table, I hate to put it away now!

Luvs, I had a great time adding all the details and finding the bottles and jars to use for the potions, and ingredients.

Karen, as I've said before, I'm all for the cute side of Halloween, no ghoulish details here!! Although the cauldron could be holding a batch of "Ghoul-ash!" LOL

Yachter, I love shoes and the witch's shoes on here were a no brainer when I saw them. Amazingly, the purple pair came from 2 different TS's at 2 different times. The big one was a GW score last year. I have a black pair on the other end, again different TS's, different times.

I wanted to have a party, but my own "Mr. Oblivious" wasn't into it.

Thanks ladies. You are my social life, LOL

TTFN,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

>

LOL... but I am sorry you have one too.

>

Ohhh, VERY good, Candy! This is absolutely the truth
    in my case, I just never had the words to express it
    as perfectly as you did.
    ;o)

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Very festive, Candy. Fall is the only time I like orange!

Sponsored
More Discussions