Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtaime2_gw

Christmas tree lights...

jtaime2
10 years ago

What kind of lights do you like for an indoor tree? Also what color?

Comments (8)

• pattico_gw
    10 years ago

I like the mini white lights.

Saw a picture of a tree somewhere on line that was nothing but sparkly snowflakes. I really liked it.
    Was thinking about doing that this year....after I bought all new red and white last year. My husband will ring my neck....if he can catch me...lol

patti

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Welcome, our tree is prelit with white mini lights. I have added colored strings but most of the time I stick with the white. At the office our tree is white with white lights but I always add some colored lights for fun. We have so many pink ornaments so add pink for Christmas.

Patti, a tree with just sparkly snowflakes sounds pretty. Be sure and post a picture if you try this.

Punk

• pink_warm_mama_1
    10 years ago

Any Christmas lights at all turn me on. But somehow the white lights seem to give a more glowing effect overall. Have read that it's effective to place the first string of lights down the middle of the tree around the trunk from top to bottom. This somehow gives the appearance of many more lights than are actually on the tree. Whatever you decide will be lovely.

Pink

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Welcome j. some years ago i needed new lights since it was last minute all could find were tiny clear ones. That's all I use now.
    i do like the multi colored ones for some trees tho.
    Nana

• decorcrzy
    10 years ago

My main tree is always a pre-lit clear artificial tree. Being that there are never too many lights on a tree I have always added another color. For the past couple of years I have been adding gold lights to the clear, just to add a little extra umph.

The other three trees are just clear lights.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

We bought blue LED lights after Christmas sales & used them last yr on the tree (not quite enough blues or we added some LED whites ... they are the small pointed bulbs) We loved it on our live tree! Ornaments are not added yet in this pic. ;-) ~~Jeanne S.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

I used the white mini's for years then decided I like multi-colored better. The many colors makes the tree more festive and cheery.

• musicteacher
    10 years ago

I love other people's white lights, but when I put them on mine they seemed so glaringly bright. I like multicolored for all my eclectic ornaments. Maybe it's what we grew up with. I still like the look of those huge hot lights but am afraid to use them.

Sponsored
More Discussions