Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

A bit of halloween decor

milosmom_gw
13 years ago

After getting through the wedding whirlwind , taking a bit of a break due to be terribly sick with some strange virus that just won't let go for the last several days and getting some things in order , I'm baaa-ck :).

Halloween has long since been my Husbands Holiday of Choice as he prefers creepy and I want cute so we kind of try to meet in the middle.

After he happily turned our front yard into a cemetary and added the horrid lighted spookie trees much to my horror and the neighbors amusement, I set forth to do something inside to pacify his creepy habit as there was nooo way I was letting him "work" on it. lol

I have a black and orange planned as well but started here for his enjoyment.

The table...

The sidecabinet..

He found the creepy tree candleholder on a TS excursion and I agreed, but not without a plan. I'm seeing it much nicer with something else at Christmas but we won't tell him. hehehe

Cute and creepy combo on the cabinet in the Living Room (I will prevail I say).. I wanted 2 more of the large orange candles for balance on the right side but they didn't have anymore when I went back.. grr. Oh well, substitute and move forward.

My beloved little antique sewing machine cabinet in the hall..

even the bathroom vanity couldn't escape..

I drawed the line at spiders on Grammys antique mirror however, I did paint the candleholders from the gold that clashed freakishly with the wall color and moved them from the mirror over the sidecabinet to here since they usually didn't work with the items below them.

I don't think they "match" the mirror very well but I'm gonna go with "eclectic" as a fashion statement. lol

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

MM...liking the color combo on your t'scape...B&W w/purple...BUT are those chargers (or plates?) REALLY bones & skulls???? Ewwwwwwww ... & the S&P shakers & stemware, too? Whoooooaaaa...your DH should certainly be pleased with the "scary" aspect of it all! Quite tasteful, I would say!

That tree TS candleholder is quite intriguing...will look forward to seeing it in Christmas decor! Do like the B&W decor that you've used on your little table & bath counter...I mean, I like it for your DH ... & you reaching the goal of "meeting in the middle!" Looks like you had fun! TFS! Jeanne S. ...oh yeah, I always love how you use candles in your settings! Great!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOVED the purple and black in first photo. :o)
    LOL at your DH and his creepy decor, I think its great the neighbors are amused at least. I really like the odd looking candle tree. And the black n white vignette on the sewing table. Plus the really pretty mirror and sconces! I think you might have to take a picture of the creepy outdoor stuff for us, so DH can show off his decorating too. LOL.

Sorry you were so sick. There's been some weird virus floating around Phoenix too. A good friend got it, and now Jason and his family. Hope they don't share it with us.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

MM, great to see your table and decorations. The table is so pretty with the colors you used. Your new candle holder is neat and looks great with the birds and skulls to go with.

Love the little cabinet all decorated. Those ghosts are so cute. Look like they are singing and dancing. I really like the black and white display on the sewing machine table. Your dome turned out so cute.

Bathroom tray with candles and skull look good and I'm sure DH will enjoy seeing this every day. The candle holders look great painted black beside Grammy's mirror. It doesn't really bother me having spiders for decor but it's nice that you treasure DG's beautiful mirror and leave it w/o.

Stay well my friend.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

MM I agree, you did a great job.
    I like the color combination of your table, and those
    chargers are very unique. ARe they glass?
    I like the unusual tree candleholder...another unique item. I'd like to see it when you decorate it for Christmas. That skull makes a nice focal point in the cloche...anyone you know? lol I even like how you did the tray in your bathroom..for a 'nice' creepy touch..hehehe

I think the mirror looks fine with the painted candleholders. They're delicate and don't overpower the mirror at all.

I hope you can take care of yourself now.
    I think all the planning of your wedding for months, might have worn you down. So now it's time to slow down and catch up on some rest.

jane

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the lovely comments :).
    It feels good to get back here and hopefully get back on track as well as after several busy months, get to decorate for fun instead of tossing something together for the sake of entertaining someone.

The "chargers" are actually big plastic platters from the dollar tree. I think they are probably meant for cookies or other treats but they were just the right size for plates to.
    The s/p shakers & pillar candle holders on the table, I found at Michaels on a stop we made after going out to lunch post wedding. I went in for scrapbooking stuff and couldn't help myself. lol
    The skulls under the domes are styrofoam so a cloche was neccessary to protect them from evil demise at the hand of Mr Kitty. He's terribly rotten when it comes to foam *sigh*.
    I'll have to snap a pic of the outside though I'll warn you, it's not pretty as we dug up 2 large flower beds and still have a straw covered front yard until the grass grows back. My sister says it's taking fall decor to far, I say ewww. LOL
    Now, off to see what everyone else has been up to :-).

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

MM, Your table does look a little creepy, But very elegant at the same time. I think using black and white with the purple goblets is striking. Your side table looks so cute, love the spiders. Do those little ghosts howl all night? I love the displays on your cabinet and in the bathroom. Just the right touch. The mirror and candle holders are great together. I'm looking forward to seeing your orange and black table, as well as your outdoor display. I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. What a let down after your big day. Don't over do it now.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I agree the purple makes the black and white pop. I saw those platters and never thought of using them as chargers, you are a clever girl. I love the spiders added to the new candle holder too. All of it looks great and looks like a good compromise to me. Glad to see you back on the forum, try to get some rest.
    Frou

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

MM, I hope your feeling better.

I love your black, white and purple table. Great idea to use the trays as chargers! Your spooky tree is really cool. I don't think I've ever seen one like that before. I love how you have everything decorated. I think you found a perfect balance between cute and creepy.

Sponsored
More Discussions