Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Decorating for Fall

jeannespines
11 years ago

Started decorating for Fall some this week...off & on ... still busy outdoors but cool weather is here & time to get into Fall! I've missed posting but enjoyed reading & seeing all the 'Holiday-er' friends here this summer.

Here's Dining Room decor ... added some Dogwood branches to my vase along w/fave grass from the garden again:

Table centerpc ... the soap mold is still a fave filled w/candles & the 2 leaves that my DH made of wood a few yrs back plus a HLobby clearance 'pear:'

On the buffet is a TS compote filled w/faux apples & a 'new' pear I got recently:

Other side of buffet this pottery pitcher & 3 bowls I've had for several yrs & a wood apple from clearance HLobby & of course, my DH's Gr'pa's old wind-up clock we got at estate sale over 20 yrs ago:

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hey there, Busy Lady! I'm sure glad you were able to do some Fall decorating to share with us. I love how you tied things together with the painting, plate, and bowl all having apples 'n pears. So pretty!
    The soap mold/candle-holder is such a great old piece to decorate with. And the pretty wood leaves DH made are perfect with it. You are so lucky you can bring some of your 'outdoors in'. I'd love to be able to do that.

Teegan can sympathize with DollBaby, she's being neglected too and still wearing her summer clothes. I've got to hit some thrift shops and find her something for Halloween and Fall. Her size seems to get little in, or sell out fast. I should at least decorate her tray for Fall too.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Purplemoon...thanks! I'll do a post of Dollbby now ... she got over her stubborn-ness late last night & made a point of me emptying out her 'clothes closet' (a small trunk that I use as an endtable by my chair) ... no wonder she was so upset ... she had about 20 outfit of clothes & was still in her Spring outfit! LOL!!! What we retirees do for fun!!! Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

As always, Jeanne, I just LOVE it! Do you 'thrift shop' in a larger city? I never see finds like your beautiful pottery and prints available in the only SA-Ltd near us. And I love your faux fruit and use it myself. It's a great replacement for the color-loss we suffer in northeast winters. :O)

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, love your beautiful DR all decorated with fruit and lit up. You really have found some wonderful things this summer while out. The pottery loaf pan is great. I would of never thought to pick it up but I love it.
    It's always so fun to see what you find and love how you display all of it.

Fruit is always a good thing. I really like the picture and plate. I've never seen a wood base oil lamp.Woohoo Love your buffet. I've seen a few for sale but never under $650 and you know I want one for $100.haha

Great to hear your on a new garden page & do some posting for it. Who would be better than YOU!!! Life is short so gotta do what makes us happiest. Thanks again for sharing. How long does poor Dollbaby have to wait for Halloween clothes for Pete sakes?LOL I need to find TJ's costume. Karen, I so need to help find Teegan more outfits. No one should have to go w/o now days.haha

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers!

punk & purplemoon ... Dollbaby will join Teegan & TJ for Halloween for sure!!! A new thrift shop opened up about 30 min. from me ... & the baby clothes are really something to 'cheep' about! Her GAP overhauls/skirt was $1.25! And I got a couple other outfits for under $2 ea! So I'm done buying for awhile! tee hee

party music ... I live near 2 bigger cities & lots of small towns within 30 - 60 min. so I know alot of the 'thrift shops' & Goodwills, SA, etc. Always on the 'hunt,' ya know! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL !
    Jeanne...love ALL you do. The vase with the Dogwood and lighted branches looks stunning. I always enjoy seeing DH's wood leaf and your soap mold w/candles. It always has a soft warm glow to it. Also love the pairing of the Still Life with the very different looking wood base oil lamp.
    I think the fruit bowl arrangement is my fav..love the simplicty of it. Your pottery bowls are a nice arrangement on the buffet.. In fact your Buffet IS
    my favorite of yours too...but then....your vine tree is too! lol
    BTW, during the Summer, I bought a couple of wire Tomato cages in different sizes to make some vine trees. I've got plenty of vines just waiting in the garden...but now, with the house up on the market...I don't think I'll be able to do one this year. Guess it will have to be put on hold till next time...but I still can enjoy and 'Live' through looking at yours ! lol
    Thanks for sharing your lovely Fall with us Jeanne...I enjoyed looking.
    jane

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Your dining room buffet always looks so beautiful no matter what season it is, but I especially love your fall decor. So inviting...love all of the new additions too. Always good to read your posts on FMG page too. Glad things are slowing down for you as well.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

The lighted branches really make your corner sparkle and set off the wood of the buffet. You found some neat new treasures to add to the ones you already had. Seeing your wooden leaves your DH made reminded me that I had cut out and painted some last year. Will have to dig them out and add to the kitchen table. You really find some neat pottery pieces and have such a flair for using them in vignettes. Your home always looks so warm and wonderful. Luvs

• yachter123
    11 years ago

Like the others, I love everything, very homey, but rich & the lighted branches really bring attention to the corner display!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions