Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fall Dining Room Decor including Dollbaby!

jeannespines
12 years ago

I've been working on my Fall decor in the Dining Room area cause that's where Dollbaby hangs out! I so enjoy all the pics on this forum & the ideas so now I am changing out my buffet much more often!

This is the left side of the buffet...the metal leaf I took from my bedroom wall, the ceramic pumpkin is a HLobby half off find last yr or before...& the pumpkin garland I found at specialty store after season sale:

And, yes, that's the new 'leather' runner I bought in MN on vac that I shared a couple wks ago!

The right side of the buffet has a new resin squirrel on a giant acorn (that I just purchased at a specialty shop)...he sits on a Pier I Import square plate (old bargain find) & a new Fall candle ring. Squirrels are happy critters around our place ...so I fell for him LOL!

Here's the buffet mirrored view w/Jewel Tea dishes reflected from countertop:

Countertop Jewel Tea Autumn Leaf is here til Christmas comes out! I love these dishes & have been collectingabout 20 yrs. now since getting a few pcs at DH's parents' estate sale.

S&P shaker, too & spoon rest:

To the right of the buffet I've moved my luggage-like drawered dresser again to the DR ... yellow vase (TS last yr) w/lighted stems...added some Red Dogwood stems & some of my grasses again & a stem of faux leaves (needs a few more, I think)...plus it looks much prettier at night!

That GS brass mouse came out again, too!

To the walnut shelf above the buffet is another fav print you've seen before ...the farmer & young man tying corn shucks...this print was DH's Gr'pa's from estate sale...it was an award for 'Outstanding Sales Achievement' 1959-60 (seed corn sales). Makes me SMILE! ;-)

The other framed art I like to bring out for Fall is this woman with wheat...this was the bargain I got last yr at TS when it went half price!

And here's a full-view of Dining Room decor...I'll post Dollbaby on a separate thread...looks like I'm pretty pic heavy! TFLookin'! Fall is so beautiful...the trees are starting to change more & more. Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

very pretty - love those dishes - perfect for fall .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

As always Jeanne, I love how you decorate for Fall and the neat things you have for it. Like those dishes...perfect, as Lynne says. And your two old farm prints are not only wonderful, they too really celebrate the season.

That big squirrel is a good find! How can anyone not like a squirrel! We don't have them here in Phoenix with the heat, but they are all over rest of AZ. I just don't get to enjoy them. I did as a child in Ala tho, they entertained me for hours at my grandmother's house. I'd never leave your yard or L.R. window with your critters and birds to watch. ;o)

hugs, Karen
    {{gwi:76614}}

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, lynne & PM...Fall colors are my colors! Love 'em! I'm not happy with the branch stems vase vignette yet ...so I hope to find another pick of faux leaves to add & maybe some more of the grasses. I added a few more today of grasses & took this pic tonight:

Still needs some work ...not happy with that 'front wide angle view' pic (way up above) that shows the whole dining room...very grainy pic ...it really does look prettier than that! Looks like I went WILD w/wall basket...but I did not~ LOL ! It's fun...& time-consuming...but gee whiz, I got 2 buffet drawers & side door cleaned out while decorating for Fall...plus the kitchen towel drawer! Can't beat that, uh! LOL! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne, as always, you did a lovely job on your Fall decorating. Great pics too. I have the same squirrel
    as you..have had it for a few yrs now from CTS, however, I like the finish on yours better. It shows off more detail..I think I'm going to give mine a different paint finish as mine is too dark.
    Love your buffet and your HL pumpkin is a great addition.
    I see your Jewel Leaf Autumn Tea China all the time..mostly at GW. If there's a particular piece you don't have, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you.
    I think your lighted branches look lovely...in fact I remembered them from last year, and this Summer bought a couple of sets at CTS. They went pretty fast. Now I have to figure on where to put them!! Thanks for the inspiration tho ...lol
    Enjoyed looking.
    jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Beautiful.
    Everything looks lovely.
    I actually like fall decor quite a bit, I just don't want to say goodbye to summer. How's that for mixed emotions??

That squirrel is just too cute. Much better than the real annoying critters. We have some at the golf course that will chew right through our bags to get at anything remotely edible that might be in them. One golfer had to chase one up a tree cause it took the chapstick that was attached to his car keys, LOL

As has already been stated, another lovely job.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, beautiful decorations as everyone has already said. I love the way you decorate and always enjoy your wonderful photography. The night shot looks so neat and love the squirrel silhouette in the background.

Jane, it will be fun to see your matching squirrel. You ladies just keep enabling!!!

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Your dining room looks wonderful all decked out for fall! You always choose the perfect pieces for your DR. The Jewel Tea dishes are great and I love the framed Art. The night shot is lovely.
    I can tell by Dollbaby's smile that she loves everything too!
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks jane, candy, punk & nana ...
    I enjoy changing things out ...& it's funny about that squirrel...must be an 'Enabler' thing (punk)in the back of my mind! That squirrel called to me & here you have it, Jane! I know I've seen yours!!! I really bought it cause thought it might be part of an arrangement in that new 18" cloche I showed you all awhile back...but it was too small & the candle ring was too big ...looked all scrunched up! ;-) It is painted gold with maybe antiquing dark brown over it or else it's vice versa w/dry brushing.

candy...we have summer weather for this week! Am loving it ...but so do the 'bugs' this time of the yr! ...the little specks we call 'no-see's' were horrible today when DH & I worked ont he porch siding! But love the WEATHER anyway!

nana..the Jewel Tea & that corn husk print are things that I do love ...because of family connections, I guess...enjoy adding good memories!

I did do some tweaking already...moved flowers/basket & owl to top of old treadle sewing machine in LR & put that brown linen cloth on table w/soap mold candles & those stained glass 3 leaves ...like I did last yr. Thanks all! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Jeanne, you always have the loveliest displays and tables! LOVE the squirrel and your buffet decorations. Your lighted branches are really nice too. You always have so many things to look at....I just love taking it all in. And of course, your photography is always fantastic!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Did some more 'tweakin' tonight ... added a few more branches of my Dogwood bush & some more of the grasses...they will open more fully by tomorrow...anyway, I am liking the 'Twig light vignette' better now! LOL!Here's a pic I just took:

Purplemoon had posted a pic/blog just awhile back where they used black wineglasses...so I got mine from the top cupboards & added yellow votives & the new frame some of my gr'kids Fall pic on kitchen counter:

Buffet looks good to me...I am lovin' my new leather braided runner that I bought on vac in MN...wish lynninnmexico was on here again...I think it is something that would look grand in her home.

TFLookin'...I'm enjoying seeing the Fall posts coming on the Forum, too! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I like that you added more to your 'Twig light vignette'. It's beautiful all lit up. Black glasses, yellow candle and GKids made another beautiful vignette.

Did you take the cute picture and add the writing? Was your glasses black or did you paint them? Love the pattern on them.

Your buffet is always a joy to see. I agree your leather braided runner would be nice in Lynn's home. Wonder what's she's up to lately. Sure hope we hear from her soon.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, my DD took the pic of the kids & I think she orders thru Shutterbug...cute idea!

And those black wine glasses I got many, many yrs ago at one of those home decor parties we all took turns booking! LOL! Thanks, punk...

this was the pic that Karen found & shared:

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, How neat you had the black stemware on hand. The colored stems I remember from years past is the Avon Cape Cod pattern. I sold Avon for a couple years. One of DH's sisters still has her beautiful collection.

Tell DD I love the picture of her cute kids she took. Looks like a sweet happy bunch.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

That is pretty neat you already had black goblets! I sure like the idea of them as candleholders.

Your floral arrangment is just breathtaking, as is your photography. I swear you have made a career of taking pictures, especially seeing the bird ones you get.

If a jealousy is a sin, then I am sitting here 'sinnin away'
    over you having access to all the natural stuff to do arrangements with. You not only save a lot of money, yours looks better than store-bought things.
    You could probably have Mr Squirrel come in and sit on your buffet for a photo too. LOL. Tho he might not want to go back outside after seeing your house.

hugs, Karen