Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Traditional black and orange table

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I did this table so I could use all my black and orange Halloween decorations. The glitter jack-o-lantern man is new (clearance from HL last year). I made the napkins by just fraying the edges. I made the totem last year, it's hard to see, but there is a black cat in the bottom part. I had all the dishes, flatware and glassware. The black art deco bowl and candle holders were a gift from DS one year.

Frou

Comments (7)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Very nice table Frou.
    I like the 'Traditional' look with Orange & Black.
    All your Halloween figures are cute, but my favorite is the Glittered Jack O Lantern man. He has a Vintage look that I like. Is that a Paper Mache Jack O'Lantern on your table?
    If it is, I have one just like it that I bought over 20 yrs ago. They're very collectable .
    I like your plates and bowls and think they're a nice combination with the napkins. Great look with the frayed edges.
    Your candy corn in the candle holders look very festive.
    Frou...with so many 'Dramatic Halloween Tables' we've done and seen, I think Traditional is still my favorite look.

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, such a pretty table. I'm loving the totem with the pumpkin on top. It matches the pumpkin bowls on top of your Neat plates. DS's gifts are perfect on this table.

Your new little glitter guy is a cutie. Is the ghost in the back a bowling pin? Love that face. I need to remember to use something around my candles. I really like this look.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I like the plates, like them VERY much. Your little ghosts look like they're doing a happy dance.

I'm with Jane concerning the sugar-coated man. He is very cool.
    I did a traditional orange and black table too. I like the new purple and silver stuff, but every once in a while, I need to go back to basics.

Nice job.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your new little glittery guy is great--good find. I love all the little ceramic ghosts too, so cute! I really like the checked napkins against the design of your plates, they look so good together. Your totem sure works perfectly for adding some height to the table and the candy corn candle holders add such nice fun color. You have to figure that my most favorite thing of all is that cute painted gourd ghost in his little sweater--what a cutie! Nice job Frou, and so glad you shared with us. ;o)

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Traditional is good. And this table is delightful. Like Luvs, I found that cute ghost in the sweater to be my favorite part. He's just too cute.

I had a good clear photo of your totem in one of the GJ albums, so I want the gang here to see it. Its terrific I think. (I never think of totems for INside, and I should after seeing yours).

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, I love your table, The candy corn in the candle holders is so colorful. Is the ghost in the orange sweater made from a gourd? He is so cute. The glitter jack-o-lantern is really nice, has an antique look to him. Your totem is terrific, Good job! The orange and black checkered napkins are just right for the table. Everything is very Halloweeny!
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

frou...I'm happy to see PM posted your totem pic upclose! I remember that totem & such a great idea for Fall decor! Very pretty!

I think my fav is the place setting itself...how you used the black gauze over the orange cloth...and I LOVE the dinner plate pattern, color & texture ...& your handmade napkins fits perfectly with the pumpkin bowls (they are so cute!)...black charger & stemware...everything works!

Your new addition of the "jack" playing the accordian reminds me of "chalkware." He's pretty cool, too. Everything looks wonderful ...& the traditional O&B, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions