Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

A bit of Fall Decor in my dining room!

jeannespines
10 years ago

Well, Holiday-ers, I did get 'some' Fall decor done & took these pics last nite ... more to do...but it's a start & it makes me 'smile!'

Here's a new character I added this season ... this owl on my chest ... I added a faux tea candle:

...he sits on this chest in a corner next to the buffet where I store goodies like extra flatware, doilies, aprons, etc:

Here's the walnut shelf decorated w/family treasures ... the framed art is dated 1959-60 award to my hubby's gr'father for top salesman of seed corn ... the pitcher was brought over from Denmark on my Mom's side of the family ... about 100 yrs old:

Here's the buffet top: awww...you all remember my ceramic turkey & wire cage, I'm sure:

And a ceramic pumpkin I've had a few yrs now on a metal leaf plate that hangs in my bedroom usually:

Here's a full view:

... and now I'll stop & add some more in a comment ...just in case PBkt stops on me. ;-) TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That runner on the buffet is made of 'leather' ... it was something I splurged on for myself a few yrs back while vacating in MN...I love it!

Here's the dining table w/runner & lil' squirrel vignette...my hubby made the leaves in his workshop some yrs ago:

...and I brought out some more of my Hall China 'Autumn Leaf' pattern from Jewel Tea...I have collected this for about 20 yrs now ... started when I bought some pcs from our hubby's parents' estate sale. I remember my Mom had some pcs. too... premiums from the Jewel Tea man. ;-)

Well, Dollbaby doesn't have on her Halloween gear yet ... & the porch is not decorated ...so I'll be sharing more soon (I hope). Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Fabulous!!
    I'm lovin that turkey/cloche and the dining room table is amazing! The leaves your DH made are incredible and the leather runner was certainly worth a "splurge." LOL

It is all very well done as usual and I'm looking forward to seeing Dollbaby and the porch when you get them done.

The new owl is looking very content with his new perch overlooking all the rest.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a letter I got back in 1985 after writing this 92 yr old woman (whose husband) handmade the buffet & table that we bought @ Larry's grandparents estate sale ... it would be his Grandma's brother-in-law who built the set)

I'll post another comment w/the description in her letter... what a beautiful letter she wrote back to me. Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is her description of our buffet & table ...also info on the loss of her beloved husband. Hope you enjoy. Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, your chest with the books and new owl is so sweet. The letters about your table and buffet and her DB brought tears to me tonight. This is so wonderful you've kept these to have to hand down with the table and buffet. I wish she could see how you decorate them now!

Love all your decor. I remember when you shareded your Hall China 'Autumn Leaf' pattern from Jewel Tea and I went to a ys and they had some. I thought I was going to buy you more until I seen the PRICES. Yikes, and you are SPECIAL!LOL

The wire cloche and turkey are always a pleasure to see but so is the squirrel vignette on the table. So glad you got all this done and shared.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Having the "written word" from so long ago makes this table and buffet all the more special. I loved reading about it.

You have so many wonderful heirlooms, and treat them with such love and respect. Really touches my heart since I like old things. (other than myself, LOL)

Your decor is warm and wonderful, as always. The turkey in the cage is my favorite :o).

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, Thanks for sharing the Fall decor in your Dining Room, your home looks so inviting. The owl is the perfect addition. He looks great sitting on the chest.
    The letters touched my heart. I can almost see that dear lady writing them.
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Everything looks great! I love the little owl and turkey decorations. And the squirrel on the table is really cute! Great job, your place looks ready for fall and very cozy and inviting. :)

-SD

Sponsored
More Discussions