Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Come in to my Parlor!

kathleen_li
13 years ago

Spider web table featuring a gift from Karen.

Enjoy, and thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spider Web Table

Comments (21)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Kathleen..
    This is just so cute and creative.
    I love the color combination with the lime green, purple and black. That web tablecloth is so different, and really 'sets the stage' for everything on your table.
    I love how you used the cupcake holders with the candles.
    I never saw those witch hat spoons at CTS... Lucky find!

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Darling! I love every bit of your spidery table. I went to your blog before seeing this post. Not knowing that there was a gift from Karen on the table, what do you supposed jumped out at me? Those raggedy edged green plates. I LOVE THEM. Also like the cute little purple spiders and the witch hat spoons. It's so very cute.

Funny, when I saw the purple tablecloth I thought, "Wait till Karen gets a load of this!" I am going to go to Michael's tomorrow and see if they have one of those webs. I think I may have seen them advertised, but it never crossed my mind to use them as a topper for a table. Cool!

Love the shots of your kitchen. Wish I had the space for two dishwashers. My kitchen is small and, although I love the new open look it now has, I don't like the view of the dirty dishes. And I don't like cleaning up in front of guests, so I'm sometimes left to decide which is the lesser of the two evils.

I remember your kitchen Christmas tree and I love it even more than the first time I saw it.

Everything is super duper.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Jane! The spoons were 1.99 at CTS for 4.

OA, that purple fabric is 20 yrs old. It was 25 cents a yard and it is the kind used on the bottom of upholstered chairs.
    My son went to Holy Cross in Mass. and purple was their color, so I bought a bunch of it to use for tailgates!

I have used those green plates Karen sent me in several scapes. It must be 3 or 4 yrs ago that she sent them, and I am getting good use from them!

I got the web last year, but they prob have it.
    I used it Sun when the gkids were here. They kept getting tangled in it!

Thanks for your kind words.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a great use for that spiderweb cupcake holder, it makes a wonderful centerpiece with the votives in it! Love the web over that pretty purple tablecloth and your darling little black bowls and those cute purple spiders. Does Karen have purple spiders???? I know she will want some! ;o) Love your witchy poem too, just so fun, I'm sure all your blogging buddies just loved it too. TFS.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kathleen, This is such a wonderful Halloween table. The colors are so bright and cheerful. Just love all your dishes and the poem to go with it. That Karen is a sweetheart and has great taste. I agree with Luvs on those purple spiders.

The centerpiece is so cool on this table. Love the spider on top. It's just another beautiful table with a great story to go with it. You have the best selection of tableclothes and dishes and I love seeing every table you set.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your parlor looks like the place to be! Like the others, the color combo is quite "Halloween-y" even without much orange! The lime green & purple are great tog! & that web over the round table is ingenious! Like the dishtowels you used for napkins ... & those soup bowels are really quite unique...in shape & size! A fun table, kathleen! TFS! ...enjoy the prose, too! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

As I opened Kathleen's post, I was wondering why MY ears were burning. LOL.
    Kathleen, how many ways are there to tell you what an amazing woman you are? Fabulous tables constantly, poetry,
    incredible cooking with accompanying Fattening Fotos, an entertaining Queen, and a total delight to all of us here!

I'm so glad you've made good use of those little green bowls. And for a long time!
    I love the spider web table cloth idea, and those witch spoons!!

NO, I haven't seen purple spiders! They are so dang cute.

By the way, I saw the sweetest Santa and Mrs Claus for kitchen decor. On eBay of course! They are about 11" high, and the starting bid seems very fair for them...even with shipping.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Santa and Mrs Claus

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kathleen, What a great table, I never would have thought to put purple and green together for halloween. I love the poems you tell to go along with the table settings!
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Kathleen, what a cute table. Spiders aren't my usual cup of tea, but you kicked up a notch. Of course the thing I like best, the cupcake holder came from CTS. Dag-nabbit. Using the monkeys as flying monkeys was a stroke of genius. A lot of the time I simply don't have time to follow the links on posts, but I never pass yours up, it's too beautiful.
    Syble

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Kathleen, I have so enjoyed your posts the last couple of weeks! Your poems are sooo cute and have been so fun to read!

I love the green and purple used together. Karen is such a sweetheart for sending you those gorgeous plates!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Kathleen,
    This is strange. When I use my browser's bookmark to go to your site, I see lots of your entries - Oct 5, 11, 12, 13 and others. That is why I commented on your Christmas kitchen things. But when I use the link you provided on this post, I just get the latest entry with comments people have left. Which page is the right page???

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Kathleen, you always do such pretty tables, even when they are scary spider ones! I love the black & white table that is your main picture.

I wish this site had a delete option, I took my entire table down, was not happy with it & sometimes think I will just never "get it"! My table is bare now.

On a lighter note, I found my gdaughter 4 Debbie Mumm Christmas dinner plates today at a garage sale, they were .50 each. I didn't even check the back of them when I bought them til I got home. They are white with dark blue & snowflakes on the edges. I think someone here has them, they looked very familiar and then I also got her 2 blue & white snowman salad plates for .25 each & she already has two blue & white reindeer plates, so she is all set for her Christmas table.

Also found myself some very cute spring dinner plates, each a different pastel color & very heavy, .50 each. All the plates were like brand new.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Yachter,
    I have four of those dinner plates. Just got them within the past 6 months or so. Haven't used them yet. I got a very good deal on them (Thrift Shop, I think.) but not for 50 cents! You rock!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry I am late getting back to thank you for your kind comments! I am under the weather with pneumonia, so my time on the computer is very limited, ie, I have to go back to bed! :(

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Kathleen..
    I commented on your blog last night when I read you were sick..I'm hoping you are feeling better and letting DH totally take care of you.
    I'm surprised you're up and at the computer feeling the way you do.
    Everything will still be 'in place' when you're better...but most important now..is to take care of yourself and GET BETTER!

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kathleen, oh no, so sorry you came down with pneumonia. That's not good. Sending Good Well Wishes for a Speedy Recovery to you.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Kathleen, I'm so sorry to hear you caught pneumonia. I think that is such scary thing to come down with. Take good care of yourself till its totally, completely gone!
    Sending you lots of good thoughts for a fast recovery.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Pneumonia! Holy Haystacks. That's serious. I hope your recovery time isn't too long. Sounds like it's something that could be reoccurring if you're not careful.

I emailed you a few days ago. Hope it didn't get lost in your email filter.

Get well soon.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, friends. Hanging in...

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Kathleen,
    Sorry to hear you are ill. I hope you are on the road to recovery.
    Your table is really cute. I sure wish we had CTS as I really think those spoons are too darling!!

Karen, I have that Mr. & Mrs. Santa! My kitchen is all gingerbread, peppermint, and candy canes at Christmas.

Get well soon!
    TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kathleen I was just looking at your post again and I can't believe I didn't wish you a speedy recovery, Please accept my apology. Hope you are feeling better!
    Nanakaren

Sponsored
More Discussions