Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Where do I find these?

Oakley
12 years ago

I can't really do a google search because I don't know the proper name of this type of Christmas decor tree!

In the top picture of this link, you'll see 3 red tree's. Very simple. I've always wanted some by the fireplace.

Help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorative Christmas tree

Comments (13)

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

I found some here but they are pretty pricey .....

Lynne

Here is a link that might be useful: 3 red trees

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

I don't know the name, but in previous years I have seen them at target. As soon as the Christmas items get plentiful, you should be able to find them at Hobby Lobby. Maybe T J Max. Maybe even Wal-Mart.

Good Luck!!

Creek

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

They look like the mercury glass ones I saw last year at Target, but I can't tell for sure if they are. The stores Creek mentioned might get them in if you don't find them online.
    I'll keep an eye out when browsing online tonight too.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I saw them at Target last year too, but maybe you could find some shimmery or glittery paper and use a styrofoam cone and make your own....hmmmmmm.

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

oakleyok
    on that same link you gave us click on Christmas on the left hand side it will isolate them for you maybe if you investige more they offer them for sale perhps??

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I've always known them to be called 'Cone Trees'..(that style was popular in the 60's) and like they say, 'Everything old is New again'!
    Then I saw Lynne's link - and yep 'Cone Trees'!
    They're lovely but seem kind of expensive .
    Hope you find them and at the right price too!
    jane

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

I saw some at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Not in red, but the bright green, silver, aqua. May they will get some traditional colors too. Good Luck!!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Aack! I can't believe I did this topic then forgot about it! lol.

The link above doesn't work. What's the name of the store?

After I did this topic I found "Table top Christmas Trees" at website, but now I have to search for it in my fave places. I'm thinking it was ChristmasCentral.com.

I don't want glass though. I'd like the shiny paper (cheap) trees.

I do have two cone shaped berry trees, but I'd love to find the other one's to stick someone where.

I'm doing "simple" this year. It was such a pain taking everything down last year!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Since you're thinking simple - how about making your own...they seem easy to do and you
    can put whatever finish on them you'd like.
    Spray paint them (even glitter spray paint comes in colors)...cover them with heavy foil colored paper..sponge paint or spray them two tone silver/& gold. There are so many possibilities - even different sizes.
    Good luck.
    jane

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

oakleyok - that site was Christmas Central and they were glass - uummmm it did work for me but did take a few minutes to load - I too would make them. The paints available now (Krylon) make doing it so easy and are compatible with styrofoam and the glitters are so fine and shiny. Krylon has a glitter paint that is suppose to be really glittery. I haven't found it yet but still need to get to Michaels ......

Lynne

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lynn - Michael's is where I buy my Glitter Spray Paint.
    It comes in Silver/Gold/Red and Green.
    Love it for different crafts. I like using it on some of my Christmas Cards to give them a nice 'shimmer' and for something like the 'Cone Christmas Trees' it would be perfect.
    jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Oakley, the red trees are pretty and I see why you like them! I started tole painting years ago because I liked it and didn't want to pay the high prices. Good Luck and hope you'll share what you come up with.

I've never used the glitter paint but DH used some gold on a set of chargers and they turned out beautiful.

Punk

Punk

• dawnp
    12 years ago

I saw similar ones at Home Goods last year!