Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

March toward the World Series

oldalgebra
13 years ago

From a tablescaper's point of view, the convenient thing about being a SF Giants fan during

the October playoffs is their black and orange team colors. No need to keep a second stack of dishes,

placemats and stemware close at hand.

From a fans point of view, well, let's just say we've spent a lot of Octobers looking forward to next year.

Still, we remain loyal.

Just came across these baseball plates at the Pasadena Fea Market last month. They were $1,

but I thought they were so cool and would have paid more just to have them. Silly, huh?

Oh, wait a minutes, I'm talking to Enablers. No need to explain.

We're hopeful!

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, I had to Google SF Giants (LOL)...nah, really, I know who they are ...but Or&Blk...wow, that's another thing going for them (in Oct, anyway)! So, good luck, SFG!

And, of course, love the BB plates! What a steal! Your signed BB's are way cute for the place setting...along with cute centerpc (which is perfect)! Always enjoy your bar t'scapes...& this one is way cool! Especially with that big bowl of M&M's (peanut ones, I think?) sitting there between the two of ya! TFS, OA! Fun! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Love the theme OA..and such a neat tablesetting too.
    Love the Baseball Plates.. I think $1 was a great price..they're so different and a 'Must Have' for sure.
    Your placemats and stems along with the cute BB names, just tie in so well, and makes me want to be sitting there Rooting and sipping a 'Cold One'.
    All that's missing is the 'Hot Dogs & Cracker Jacks' !!

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, love your new baseball plates. I would be willing to pay more than that for those too but glad you didn't have to. What a great setting for the game.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, we won tonight. Hope this is a trend.

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

OA, your table is too cool! Love the baseball plates and the signed balls are a great idea.

I used to watch baseball religiously, Braves fan here. I'm not really sure why, but it seems like one day I just stopped. Haven't watched a game in years now.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I've never been a baseball fan, but I might resemble a dish fan. So, I love the baseball plates and your whole bar area.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm with Frou, not a baseball fan, but love seeing those neat baseball plates you found and your wonderful bar area decor. You found the perfect placemats too. Love it! Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Dang...I thought it was going to be red, white and blue....go Rangers :^)
    Your table is great though!!

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne and Jaybird, watch yourselves!

We actually don't watch many of the games much anymore.
    We do follow their progress, but only watch major games.

Thought their victory last night deserved a centerpiece upgrade.

The book was a gift from my daughter many years ago. The illustrator received the Caldecott Award
    for creating the most distinguished American picture book for children.

OK, everyone. Get out those orange towels.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What No Hot Dogs ?? !!
    Love the Book..

We did a 'Subway Series' Party at school, in 2000 when we had the Yankees & Mets up against ea other...
    Great Game...great fun too! I used to be an avid fan...but now watch only the Big Games..

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

LOVE that book, OA! I've read it to kids a few times at the library! Nice additions to your centerpc! Ok, I'll get out an "orange" handtowel! "Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd. Buy me some peanuts & Cracker Jacks...." hmmm, guess what I'll be singing the rest of the night! LOL!
    from a former MN "Twins" fan, Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

OA, GReat job as usual!!!
    NanaKaren

Sponsored
More Discussions