Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

A few pics of Halloween decor

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Not all finished yet, but will share a few pics along the way.

Thought I'd try the little black/white blocks on this three tiered stand:

Little candy containers from Dollar Tree--different words on front and back. Little DGD likes the candy is dandy one.

This little jack o lantern looks kinda scary in this picture. He's part of a display in front window--went with some fake cobwebs for the scary effect.

More to come soon.

Luvs

Comments (19)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Luvs..I love what you've done so far.
    What a cute display with the 3 tiered stand using your blocks and the Raven on top is the perfec touch. Is that moss you used on the layers? Makes a nice effect.

Love the Candy Corn Containers with cute sayings..Also the Backdrop Halloween Sign..
    Gurl...You're having waaay too much fun - churning out those signs using your Cricut.
    The cobwebs on the Jack O Lantern for the front window is great. He looks like he's 'Rising Up From The Mist'..!
    Look forward to seeing more...

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

luvs...your Halloween sign with those 3 jars of candy is just WAaaa...Y CUTE! No wonder DGD loves it...sweet!

And I am loving the B&W comb on that tiered stand! Love the bird, the moss & that you used plants for grounding everything & of course, those CUTE, CUTE Halloween blocks! This decor is an "original!" Enjoy! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Your black n white vignette is absolutly wonderful. Very spooky looking but in this case, I LUV it all. That was the perfect way to showcase your little blocks! Only problem I see is that you've made me want one of those 3-tiered stands. LOL.

You also did a terrific job on the Jack O Lantern! I don't like those things but I sure do like how you set it up. The candy corn display is really cute.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, I think what makes this little Jack o lantern look so creepy is that the light was coming in from the window--I had never noticed he looked that scary until this picture! I'll probably not think he is so cute from now on! LOL

Jane, I tried some shredded paper on the stand but didn't like the effect so then tried the Spanish Moss. I had some on hand, but I see Dollar Tree has bags of it this year. I'm glad you like my little Cricut creations. It's been fun coming up with different things to use it for. Between the ideas I've collected and the ones Karen and Kathleen have emailed me, I should be busy until this time next year! LOL

Jeanne, the "plants" on the stand are just some strands of Ivy from Dollar Tree that I spray painted black. I'm loving that store, got lots of neat stuff there and at 99 cent store this year. I took your suggestion and removed the floral plates for this display--big difference, thanks.

Karen, I had found two of those tiered stands last year at TS. I painted one white, didn't like it and ended up painting both black. One hold a dinner sized plate (or three stacks of plates for display and storage!) This one holds salad sized plates and I was so glad I had some white ones that fit perfectly.

I'll have more pics soon, just need to do a bit more tweaking. ;o)

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

It all looks wonderful, but the 3 tiered stand is my favorite! The raven and the moss set everything off perfectly.
    You are creating some marvelous items with your new toy!! LOL All of the blocks and the glass jars and especially the Happy Halloween sign are just too cute.

TFS,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Luvs, It is absolutely stunning. The black and white is so right together. I love it all , except maybe the crow. I have a terrible adversion to anything with feathers. When I was a little girl (many halloweens ago)my DGF had a mean old turkey gobbler that would flog me everytime I went outside. Thats been 60 ysa ago and I still don't want anything with feathers close to me. Is that not silly? I am ready to try to learn to post pics, if you get time to pull up that tutorial that you mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Now that the GKS weddings are over, maybe I can coincentrate on trying to learn something new, but I warn you, I am a slow learner. I love all the little things you are doing with your Circuit. If I have any money left from making wreaths this year, after shopping for the kids and gkids, I may just have to buy myself a Cricuit for Christmas. I love looking at all the blogs, and like you, I tell myself "I could do that!", Trouble is, I usurally forget what I was looking about before I get around to doing it. Janet

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, great job on your blk & wht scene. I've already discussed the crows but yours doesn't look that scary. Maybe you just know how to take the right shots.LOL

The candy corn and sign is cute. Love the fact it's reversable and I feel the same as DGD. The Candy is Dandy is my favorite side.

The pumpkin is a riot and looks like he's ready for some fun. Glad you got some of your decorating done to share with us.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Janet, I can relate to your turkey story. Had that happen with my Grandpa's neighbor's rooster one time. I like the ceramic kind but tread carefully around any real ones now! To keep from forgetting the things you want to make, just right click and save to a folder titled "too many things I want to do" like the rest of us! LOL

Candy, I'm glad you are enjoying my creative attempts, I just see something I like and give it a try. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Nice thing with the vinyl is that it is easy to remove so no harm done.

Punk, the candy is disappearing quickly every time my DH walks by it. I liked the shape of those little dishes and just thought it would be fun to have something on each side in case I used them on the table.

Trying to hide some of my pastel pictures and plates then I'll take more pictures. Hard to fit Fall and Halloween into a mostly pastel room! LOL

Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

The crows are really cawing to me. I love them with the tiered stand. And of course your little sign blocks are perfect. I'm also digging your scary jack-o-lantern. I usually don't put out my Halloween decorations till the week before, but now y'all have me ready to pull some things out.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Very cute!! and I love that stand!! It's fun seeing blocks in your house that match the blocks in my house!!
    Hugs,
    J

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

I love it. A little spooky,a little whimsical. Just perfect.
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Frou, I figure if I'm going to go to all the work of decorating, I want to enjoy it for a few weeks at least. When I pack up the Halloween things, I'll add some Fall/Thanksgiving things. Can hardly wait because that means all my acorn goodies get to come into the lime light!

Jaybird, I agree that it is fun to share things with others and know we have "twin" items in our homes across the miles! ;o)

Thank you Nana, I'm glad you thought they were fun--that's my whole reason for doing it. ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Great use of the tiered stand, Luvs. It all looks Halloweeny, and the candy is dandy is so cute! :)

I found a great piece of fabric at the Duralee outlet, black with white polka dots, so I worked up a table with it.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Luvs,

What a great start! I love those feathered ravens/crows, and your own creations, but that jack o'lantern! What a great expression on his face. He looks to me like a friendly little Jack who's TRYING to be scary!

Can't wait to see the next round of pictures.

- Magpie

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathleen, I'll look forward to seeing your polka dot tablescape. I wanted to go look at Halloween fabrics, but haven't gotten there yet.

Thanks, Magpie. I found that little Jack o lantern arrangement last year at the TS and used him on a side table--he didn't look so scary then like he does not with the outside light from the window showing through! LOL

Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I think you've created the perfect display for your wonderful Halloween blocks, Luvs . . . it's fantastic!!! Seriously, this is something Martha Stewart will be drooling over (I'll bet she checks in here for ideas and eye candy). I really like the candy dishes and the pumpkin display, too. The addition of the sunflower was a great idea.
    Lynn

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

luvs ... in my post, I meant to spell "plates" ...not "plants" ...LOL! (but I like the ivy painted black!)
    "Love the bird, the moss & that you used "PLATES" for grounding everything & of course, those CUTE, CUTE Halloween blocks! This decor is an "original!"

Haven't got my Halloween decor out yet...but looking forward to using those cute, cute blocks! Thanks, luvs! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Now watch it Lynn, I wouldn't want to get a big head! LOL I'm pleased that you gals liked the way it turned out, but a MS, I'm not!

Jeanne, what a difference a letter can make in a word, huh? LOL When I read "plants", all I could think you meant was that black ivy!

I'll try to get some more pics posted tomorrow.

Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I'm serious, Luvs, you just might be seeing a version of that ion her show someday soon. And, don't forget to add it to our Halloween album, OK?
    Lynn

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions