Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Black Cat Table

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Here is my black and white Halloween table that I've been wanting to do with my new cat plates. They are fused glass, I found them at local outlet clearance type store for $1.00 a piece. I also found the weird scary ceramic cat for a $1.00 at a TS. I'm not very good at taking pix and this black and white was even harder.

Frou

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh frou...this t'scape is certainly different from ones so far! Those cat plates are too funny ...for Halloween...great! But that scary ceramic cat ...Eewwwwweee...& then you go & add that sparkly silver skull....owwwwwwweeeeee...icky! Those blackbirds/or crows? whatever...they look pretty cool standing there on the table, too!

Love how you layered everything...the t'cloth, linens & black guaze on the centerpc...the place settings & adding the gold? flatware ... drinking cups...candleabra (which is cool addition, BTW)...wow, it's a great table! Looks like you had fun with this one! TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Oh Frou, I love it!!! Using the black cheesecloth over a white tablecloth was a fantastic idea! Love your new plates and how you've used your crystal and the black birds with them. Very unique, very different . . . very nice! TFS.
    Lynn

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

What a cool table! I''m loving all the black and white that's popular this year for Halloween. Your table cloth
    and centerpiece are spooktacular! The cat plates are so darn cute. And the birds in that last photo really grabbed my attention. Nice Job, Punk!

hugs, Karen

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Frou, I love it! Those plates are too cool with the little cat face. Your TS cat though...way scary.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

My apologies...I meant Nice Job, FROU (not Punk this time)

Karen-with-the-mixed-up-mind

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Great job! You managed elegant and scary all in one table. The cat plates were a great buy, and how neat that you found ceramic cats as well. Love how you used the crystal with the rough texture of the black gauze table cover. Your chargers are even black, did you buy them like that or use a handy can of spray paint on some? Works perfectly with the white plates with the pretty design on them. It's a fun table, Frou, thanks for sharing. Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Frou...I like how your table turned out.
    The B&W combination looks great, and using the crystal and silver accessories are perfect for this. I agree that the black cheesecloth works very well here too.
    Your cat plates are very nice, and I think they look very 'Retro'..even that weird ceramic cat too! lol
    Nice job on everything.

jane

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Very well done.
    The settings are very cute and the color combination is perfect.

I'm not too sure about that scary cat though, LOL.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, I really like this table and your sign is a perfect match and very nice. Did you make it? The crochet place mats are so cool. Love your new cat plates and candelabra. The birds look great on your table the way you placed them. Very nice.

Karen, I laughed and thought it was great you gave me some credit on this! Does this mean you had me on your mind? Or have I been posting to many pictures?LOL

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, Everyone has said what I wanted to, darn it, I do love it all, the birds those darling plates, The sign, and yes even the skull!!!! I'm really enjoying what everyone is doing. I did get my tree up. When DD#4 comes by I'll have her post a picture for me.
    NanaKaren

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Ditto on all the Halloween things. The cats plates were a great find. What is fused glass exactly?

I did want to comment on the candelabra with the pegged votives. I like it very much.

What is Meanie Kitty sitting on? Looks interesting.

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I think those are little crows. The flatware just looks gold, it's silver-plate. My pix are always a little off.
    Karen, I can relate to the mixed up mind.
    Luvs, I bought the black chargers last year at HL.
    Punk, the sign came from DT, I think I saw that Lynn had the same one.
    OA, fused glass is made by laying pieces of glass on top of each other and melting in a kiln. My neighbor has a stained glass shop and does this kind of work. And meanie kitty is sitting on a silver-plate candle riser that I got a GS for fifty cents, with the bottom to my cut glass butter dish on top of it.
    I also got eight of the kitty napkin rings at a GS this summer for a quarter.
    Thanks everyone for all your encouragement and enabling.
    Frou

Sponsored
More Discussions