Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

My Halloween Table

yachter123
13 years ago

I found this black lace curtain at a garage sale last week, well actually two of them. They are the type that you hang & stick lights thru, but I saw "TABLECLOTH" when I saw them. Two dollars each so I grabbed them.

After putting my decor in the center, I was about to scrap the whole "black" idea as it was very dark and my grandson said it didn't look like enough or anywhere near my last Christmas tablescape.

I grabbed some mirrors to add light & started putting things together again! The large boot & the metal legged spider are birthday gifts from the grandkids this year.

I also have that huge witch hat I used last year (bday gift from gkids last year) but realized I could not use all of it on the table, hat & boot way too big to use together.

The picture & frame are DT that I made from greeting card, and I added my witch plate which was a gift from Gdson several years ago, I've uesd it every year.

The black stemmed glasses are new this year from garage sale, .50 each.

Comments (4)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Witches, ghosts, monsters, spiders, it doesn't get more Halloween than that. That was a great find on your curtain/tablecloth, it works well. I love the little ghost sign, I boo, I boo, I boo. I think I remember those plates from last year, they are precious. And DGS is right, I like the filled out version better, a great tablescape.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, this is a FUN, fun t'scape...not scary at all!...love it! I like the "I boo" ghost, too! Great find on the lace panels...they make a wonderful tablecloth...& that boot is & framed art look very "Halloween-y!" Mirrors..did the trick! TFS! Have fun! Jeanne s.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I concur with all that has been said. I especially LOVE the plate with the pumpkin patch in the foreground. The candle holders are a kick!

OK. I need to know. I've never seen curtains where you stick lights through them. That sounds like something I'd like for a party. Where can they be found?

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, I know I bought some for xmas one year, they were white lace panels with xmas scenes on them & you stick the twinkle light string thru them.

If you look closely, you can see that some of the holes in the panel are larger, that is where you stick the lights thru.

I've seen the xmas ones, but never these Halloween ones. I think I've seen the xmas ones in those xmas gift catalogs they send out, but not sure which ones.

I bought my xmas panels at a linen store in a small town, where they had very unique items, wish I could give you more info, should have asked the lady where she bought the Halloween ones!

Maybe do a search of Holiday lighted curtains or something like that.

I still think the table looks cluttered, but can't spread it out too much more, I have the kids eating in the sunroom til after the producers leave & just adults eating at the table. That lace, over a plastic tablecloth, wants to move around like crazy, so the kids are banned from it for now!

I also only own 4 clear acrylic place mats, so had to use two silver ones on the ends. Keep hoping I'll find two more clear ones some day, but never have seen them again after finding the 4 at a garage sale.

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA
More Discussions