Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

TS finds this week

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Have some pics of TS finds this week. Karen, look at this cute little bunny--GW find for $1.99. The mug has a friendship verse and cute deer and bunny on it. Got some books various prices, most expensive was $1.48, love the garden ones. Found more cherub items--keep collecting them to use for Valentines Day. They are so cheap now, and I know I probably wouldn't find any if I wait until later. The lamp and ceramic cups/saucers are to be used together. Gonna glue the cups/saucers on the arms and put candles in the cups to hang outside. It will get a coat of off white spray paint first. Found the cups and had to select saucers that coordinated since there was no exact match. I was pretty pleased at how close I was able to come finding near matches. It's an idea that I saw on the GJ forum and have seen on tv also.The lamp was only $3.98 and cups saucers were from 35 cents to 85 cents each. Enjoy!

{{gwi:193304}}

Comments (12)

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Seasonal stuff like that is something you have to grab when you see it and just put it away-- otherwise there's no chance of finding it when you're in the mood for it!

-Jenn

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Oh I can't wait to see your lamp, that sounds great. Cute cherubs too!

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Good shopping day for you, Luvs. That cherub on the MOON is wonderful. And lucky you on the magazines. I always check for them but my GW never has ones I'd like...this kind. I do find books easily by my favorite authors, but I want magazines like yours. LOL.
    Teacup lamp thingy will be really cool when you get it together. The ones on are GJ are pretty neat I think. Some of the gals were putting birdseed in the cups instead of candles and using them for birdfeeders too, remember that?
    I like the candle idea, figure no bird poop with it. LOL

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got busy yesterday and actually got a few projects done. Since the cup lamp was an easy one I did it first. The little table used to have a glass top that broke when it got blown over. I just cut a wooden one for it and painted some flowers on to pretty it up a bit. This makes a cute vignette in the corner of my BACKyard. Luvs

{{gwi:129752}}
    {{gwi:129753}}
    {{gwi:193303}}

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Luvs~ commented on the afters on T&DP forum.
    You did a great job transforming that chandelier! What a good shopping trip you had! I love the glass jar and those mags look to have some good crafting potentials in them. "Decorative Accents for the Garden" looks especially good. Nice deals!! ~Anj

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Oh my-- lovely work, and so FAST!

Quick, Luvs-- get yourself a glass of your favorite cool summer beverage and sit at that nice table and enjoy the scenery!

Put your feet up, too! :-)
    -Jenn

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Luvs,
    Everything is really pretty. I love the chandelier!!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments. It was a quick easy project. Would love to have a tree limb that I could hang it from, but had to make do. (Story of my life!) Jenn you are right, have to make time to enjoy the warm sunshine and scenery while we can. Anj, I saw your post on the painting forum, know you had to be impressed that I finally finished a project! LOL I really am trying to do better. PF, nice to have you back again, you used to be a regular poster here, where did you go? Hope all is well and that you will be around to "play" with us again. Luvs

• marylmi
    16 years ago

luvstocraft- You found some cute items! Your chandelier is sooo cute and I just love your painted table top. Good job!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Mary, nice to see you back again too. Hope you've had a good summer, and will be joining us here allot now. Luvs

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Luvs, I love it! Both are beautiful! And what are those pretty blue flowers in the garden??
    It looks like a perfect spot to sit!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Kathleen, the blue flowers are called Blue Plumbago. They are sort of like vines and can grow pretty tall. These got frozen this year, but have come back really well as you can tell. Hard to keep fragile plants safe in my back yard--two dogs love to hunt for lizards and often trample flowers in the process. I have those little wire fences around these and some of my other plants to try to keep the dogs away from them. I enjoy putting my "creations" in the back yard, but I don't do that in the front. Neighbor says I should--then people would stop and want to buy them! Seems that everyone is always wanting me to sell stuff. LOL I just like to do trash to treasure stuff for my own pleasure. Luvs

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions