Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Little bit of fall decorating

luvstocraft
11 years ago

I decorated for fall, mostly the living room but a few things outside and in the kitchen area as well. Need to get these pics posted before Halloween!!!!!

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/luvstocraft/Fall%20decorating%202012/

Here is a link that might be useful: Luvs fall decorating

Comments (19)

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Luvs, it's set to private so I couldn't check out your decor :-(

Kath

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think the password is sharing or browse. It's been so long since I've posted pictures, I've forgotten.

If one of those doesn't work, let me know and I'll go change it to public. Sorry, bear with me and I'll get the hang of it again. Photobucket has changed some things again too so it took me awhile to figure some things out.

Luvs

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Neither worked Luvs :-(

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, I found the place to make it public, should open for everyone now. Sorry for the hassle. Hope the pics are worth the wait. LOL

Luvs

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh, luvs, so happy to see some Fall decor from your home posted here! Very Fallish ...& very lovely! Your fireplace looks so pretty & I love the couple 'arrangements' on the mantle. Also that amber colored cloche in one of the pics! Your tole paintings are always just so darn cute! I have my Circut Halloween blocks out, too!

Dishes are so 'a-corny' in your t'scape photo! I never see an acorn that I don't think of you! Hope you enjoy the Fall days ahead & hugs to you & DH! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne, thanks for the sweet comments. I hadn't posted any pics for so long and Photobucket has changed again so took me awhile to figure out what to do.

I loved putting out the fall items, made me think of so many friends. The acorn plates and mugs came from Betty. The wooden acorns and fall charger as well as the pretty sparkly acorns in the tall jar came from Karen. The pretty brown and white towel on the kitchen table was sent to me by Jaybird. And some of the other items came from other sweet friends not on this forum.

I'm glad you still enjoy the Halloween blocks. I haven't gotten mine out yet this year. I did add some yard stakes and my painted witch girl out on the front patio with the leaves and pumpkins and scarecrows I already had out there.

I think I must have really gotten carried away when I fell so hard for all the cute acorn stuff a few years back--everyone seems to think of me when they see an acorn now, even a couple of my friends here! LOL

Luvs

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Luvs...glad you were able to get your pics posted.
    You did such a lovely job on everything and it all looks
    so 'Fall Festive'!
    I agree that it's so nice to have sweet memories of friends thru the gifts they gave you.
    You became the the 'Queen Of Acorns'...with so many acorn gifts and all so pretty.
    I think we can all say we've missed your lovely painted signs and trays.
    I always enjoyed seeing what new ones you made ea time. I'm glad you put then out to enjoy again.

jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Luvs, I am so happy!!! Not sure who I'm happest for tho.(You or us) I think it's wonderful that you found time to decorate. This is all beautiful and so YOU. I have a hard time imaging you being happy w/o all your pretty decor out to enjoy for the different Holidays.

Jane is so right about you being the 'Queen Of Acorns'. So fun to see your jar of acorns and others. We always enjoy your painted trays and circuit designs. Your ts is so pretty and love your new plates and cups. Lovely cp too. Mantel, counter, stand, window, buffet and all is lookin' great.

I had another late night at the office(TGIF) and then had to go fix a customers Dish so this was nice to see while I enjoyed my dinner.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Seeing your decorations made my heart sing! Its wonderful you did all that, and invited us to your Fall Party. ;o)
    The Scarecrow 'n acorn painted plate is one of my favorites of yours. You always paint such cute things and are so talented.

You better still like acorns, you are the Queen as Punk said. I doubt any of us can look at an acorn without thinking of you now. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Yippee! Now I can see it Luvs :-) My very favorites are your mantle and coffee table! I felt like I had done enough with my decor but you now make me feel like a slacker lol! Love all of your acorns too! Well done friend :-)

Kath

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karen, you know I love Scrat! Maybe he reminds me of myself with his acorn obsession! LOL

Jane, thanks for the kind words. I hesitated to post since I've really not bought or made anything new this year--but it is displayed in different places so figured "why not?" I have so many wonderful patterns that I need to get busy and paint. Someday the mood will hit, then watch out! ;o)

Punk, you work so hard and so long. I know you love helping people so you do enjoy your work though. I always think of you as the Energizer bunny! I try to put out at least a couple things each season/holiday because I enjoy that kind of thing--just not always forum worthy decor however.

Kath, glad I finally got the link fixed so you could all see them. I'll remember to do that in the future for sure. Glad you were persistent enough to keep coming back to try it. At first I was going to just post from Photobucket, but the preview pic looked too big so thought I'd better do the album. Can anyone tell me if we still use the html or is there another option I should be using from my pics on Photobucket?

I've already added a touch of Halloween outside, not sure if I'll add more than just a few things inside. I did get a new sign painted that I don't think I've shared here. I'll have to post it and if I already showed it when I finished it, just ignore it okay??? LOL

Luvs

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

punk ...I don't remember seeing any Fall outdoor pics ... please post (& if so, would love seeing them again). Also I still use the HTML on Photobucket to post ...you can 'resize' if necessary ...my pics are posted quite large, I guess...I just HTML copy & paste. Happy Halloween week! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Luvs, I loved seeing your fall decorating.
    Everything looks wonderful.
    I'm so glad you are back posting again.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Nana, that is so sweet of you. Feels good to do something worth posting again! LOL I was given a few Halloween goodies today from a friend who is moving soon. Took some pics but haven't loaded them onto Photobucket yet--maybe tomorrow. Luvs

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Luvs, you silly lady. Who are you kidding "just not always forum worthy decor." You always do a beautiful job and we love it. BTW, I still use the html link on the OLD photobucket.

Outdoor decor and a new painted sign.Woohoo I sure hope you share more pictures with us. I'm so excited to take DGD and a couple friends to a school party. Then to a few homes to trick or treat on halloween night. I feel bad no one will be handing out treats at our home this year but I'm not missing this date w/DGD. We will be handing out treats at the office tho.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

Kay, I love your fall decorating, esp your mantel.. I have a set of those same little acron people that I have sitting on my buffet along with my ceramic haunted house that will have to go after tomorrow. I didn't do a whole lot of decorating this year, but I did put out a few things and did a TS with the halloween dishes, mugs and glasses that I found last winter. Thought the little ones would like them, but two fell asleep right before time to eat and the other two were afraid of the "witches" plates. My grown GD loved them, I was happy about that. I guess the little ones were just too young to enjoy them. Love all your acrons, and am looking forward to putting more just fall/Thanksgiving things out, but all this snow is making me feel more like Christmas.

/

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

luvs ...looks like I said , 'punk' when I posted about your outdoor decor ...my fingers go faster than my brain, sometimes. It is always so GOOD to hear from you & of course, 'acorns' make me smile & think of you ...do you feel a bit 'corny,' sometimes? If you can't post, I know that you are stopping by & visiting w/us anyway. Hugs, Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Everything looks really nice, Luvs. I love the 'autumn nature' look and those long wooden(?) acorns in the table arrangement really caught my eye! Very cool -- I never knew that you are the Queen of Acorns! :)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Party Music, I guess I got that title a couple of years ago when I just fell in love with all the acorn items I was seeing on all the blogs!I think I probably drove these sweet gals crazy raving about acorns and having them go look at every blog where I saw some! ;o)

Would you believe that my sweet neighbor/friend actually found a package of pencils and bought it just because one of them had acorns on it! She gave it to me in a cute little felt candy corn along with a pair of holiday socks.

Jeanne, I hadn't even noticed the typo, totally know what you mean about fingers going faster than brain. I do that myself way too often. Yes, I do love being "corny" and surrounded by my fall goodies especially the acorns. So funny how certain things just really appeal to us.

Janet, I know you are covered in lots of snow right now. Was so glad to know you were warm and safe during the blizzard. Don't worry, in a few years your little ones will be like mine saying "Grandma, your Halloween stuff is too cutesy, you need "scary". LOL

Punk, so glad you got to go with little DGD on Halloween. You will have lots of years for staying home to hand out candy when she is older--enjoy every minute with her NOW is my advice.

I had so many sweet comments from parents of the Trick or Treaters about my outside decor. I never think of it as being much, but I guess the flag, wreath, witch, old crow gal, yard stakes, and some pumpkins do make a nice setting on the patio. Made me feel glad that I had taken the time to dig stuff out and decorate.

Now on to Thanksgiving. Honestly, how did the year go by so fast??????

Luvs

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions