Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20021230

A Holiday Home Tour

User
16 years ago

These are from Charles Faudree's then house and his sister's place dressed for Christmas.

For obvious reasons, her Club room pic has been a favorite of mine for years.

Jim

CF's house:

His sister's house:

The Club room

Comments (14)

• cattknap
    16 years ago

I could so move into that house - love the dog pictures - very elegant and European - I adore that dining room!

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

what can one say after viewing those lovely outstanding pictures... except WOW! and Now that some decorating !
    Thanks for sharing there are some great ideas there!!!
    God Bless !
    susiesunshine

• kareen
    16 years ago

Thanks Jim,
    They were a nice treat on this Sunday afternoon. Seems like all the nicest rooms DON'T have TV's in them.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Jim, nice pics and obviously dog lovers. Very elegant looking. Karen, they just hide the tv or put it in another room! LOL

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Think you meant Kareen, Luvs. LOL
    Isn't it wonderful to see all that elegance AND all those dog statues! Just warms my little ol' heart. LOL
    Jim, I even spied a greyhound statue, small and silver.
    And thank you for the prayers for my two guys by the way.

hugs, Karen

• judithva
    16 years ago

Wow, I love all of those, Charles Faudree is one of my favorite designers! Style, warmth, and comfort all in one wonderful package!

• jaybird
    16 years ago

DITTO what Judith said!!!
    and thanks Jim for posting!

• patricianat
    16 years ago

I love the color of the painted woodwork in the hearthroom that boasts the beautiful Chinoserie cabinet. So rich looking, that whole room! All of them are but that is my favorite. I love the splashes of non-color colors and the beautiful red.

• patricianat
    16 years ago

Of course, i love the footbath with paperwhites. :) I think I will change my mind about doing amaryllis in mine and do paper whites.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

chijim
    Love every room.. so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. .always love your posts! I started collecting dogs. .so hard to find really nice oils and figurinesÂ.these made me "drool" Ree

• jesemy
    16 years ago

Sigh...his rooms are so pretty!

Jim, were these from a magazine? I'm getting ready to pitch some old back issues, but don't want to get rid of the one with these pictures (if that's where they came from).

Thanks for posting them,
    Nancy

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jesmy - They're from a book called Holiday Homes from Southern Living and it's a compliation of various homes decorated for Christmas.
    Since it came out in the early 90's some decorating is dated - but oveall it holds up really quite well!

For the price now at Amazon, it's worth having just for the Charles Faudree spread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Homes

• jesemy
    16 years ago

Thanks for the link, Jim! I think I'll have to order a copy.

Nancy

• Judy Middleton
    6 years ago
    Love the sofa
Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions