Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Tribute to Johnnie Appleseed

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Johnnie Appleseed day was Sept. 26th. But I wasn't able to get this table posted until today. The little apple plates were a gift. I found the figurine at a TS in the Spring. He probably is a farmer gathering his crops, but I like to think of him as Johnnie Appleseed. My DGD found the watering can candles at a yard sale. She always thinks of me when is out shopping at yard sales. The little apples scattered around are immature crab apples.

TFLOOKIN

Nana

Comments (8)

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

What a great table! I love the apple plates you found and they way you layered them. Love Mr. Appleseed too! I had a ton of little crabapples from our tree. Never occurred to me to use them on a table LOL! Genius!
    Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...I LOVE this table and especially your apple plates. I like how you layered them with the different plates.
    Very pretty look. 'Mr Appleseed/Farmer' is perfect for this setting. He's a great figure and a nice find..very different. Your DGD is a good shopper finding those little watering cans for you. They're adorable and also different.
    It's nice you remembered 'Johnny'..he'd be real proud!
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

nana ...ditto to what maxi & jane said above! I, too, LOVE your apple plates & your stacked plates you chose for each setting! Love the color of the placemats & the flatware you're using!

The farmer & watering cans are perfect for Johnny Appleseed! In the 1st pic I was wondering how you 'balanced' that apple on top of your centerpc...but, ahaa, I see it's on the pretty napkin in front of each placesetting.

Now you've got me singing the Johnny Appleseed song from the Disney movie! LOL! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

"Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
    And so I thank the Lord
    For giving me the things I need:
    The sun, the rain and the appleseed;
    Oh, the Lord's been good to me."

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, what a beautiful table. I'm loving the colors and layering as everyone else has already said. So glad DGD picked up the watercan candles for. They are adorable with this setting. Gotta water the trees to have apples!

Your figure is a Homco by Home Interior. I have that same farmer and his wife. BTW, your crab apples are cute. Makes me want some crabapple jelly.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a sweet DGD you have! So thoughtful. The Farmer is wonderful, I thought he was Homeco when I saw him and Punk
    confirmed it. He's a neat guy, and is that a little squirrel at his feet? My eyes make it hard to tell but looks like it.
    The apple plates are so pretty! And I love how you layered so many! Pretty flatware too.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What a fun table! Your "Mr. Appleseed" is just perfect as are your stacked plates and the cute salt/pepper shakers. I'm loving the texture of your placemats for this table and really like the curled handles on your forks, etc. too.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a nice tribute! Ditto to what everybody else said.
    I like your flatware, and the little apple plates are tooo cute.
    How sweet of DGD to buy those cute watering can candles for you.
    The Bible is a nice touch. You really put a lot of thought into this table.

Super job.
    TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much.
    Jeanne, I've had those placemats for more than 15 yrs. The apple does look like it is balanced on top of the CP in that picture lol...Now I have that song in my head too.
    Punk, thanks for the information on the figurine. He was all by himself at the TS and wanted to come home with me.
    Karen, It is a squirrel. Looks like he is wants to grab the apple in Johnny's hand and run!!
    Luvs, the S@P shaker are silverplate I didn't polish them for a more rustic look. The flatware came from CTS.
    Candy, thank you My DGD is always suggesting ideas for
    tables she is a sweetie!
    Nana

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions