Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Table # 2

Posted by kathleen_li (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 7, 10 at 11:33

Here is my table for Tablescape Thurs with the polka dot fabric I got for 2.00. It is really nice and thick fabric!
Thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Polka Dots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Table # 2

Kathleen...this is just such a delightful table! ...& your prose is such a cute gift for your blogging friends. You've certainly had fun with Halloween t'scaping ...using B&W polka dot linens just makes one SMILE! Dishes are beautiful....stemware & glass w/skeltons fit the holiday spirit! TFS! Love it all! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks, Jeanne! I appreciate your kind comments and you taking the time to comment.

o

Kathleen,
I save ALL your tables in a digital scrapbook on my computer. I'm with Jeanne on this one. It does make a person smile. For some reason, I don't think about polka dots when making or purchasing linens, but I always like them when I see them on a table - I mean I REALLY like them. So why don't I have any polka dot napkins????? I'm going to have to make a little note to myself concerning this.

I love the idea of a black and white table at any time of the year, but I think this color combination looks especially nice in October (and New Year's Eve). Your patterned plates and the Pier One chargers are great. Sort of jealous about those.

AND, a clever idea using the butter dishes as mini cloches. I've got that idea LOCKED in my brain for future use.

o

Love the color scheme.
You always create such wonderful tables that I am running out of words to compliment them.

Clever rhyme, and I like that it is spooky w/o being gruesome.

Great buy on the fabric!!

TFS,
Candy

o

Thank you, OA. I don't have any polka dot cloths, but when I saw this roll in the outlet it called me over. There was almost 3 yds but it was the end of the roll, so he said 2 bucks! I was dotty with happiness. I mean this stuff has some weight to it!
I have 6 of those chargers,, pre blogging days. I forget how much, but I want to say around 3 bucks? Pier 1 had a great sale and I found a lot of stuff that day, but never since! I guess it was just luck! Keep in mind that after Labor Day it is pretty empty here and Pier 1 is not exactly crowded!

Thank you, Candy. From what I have seen you have many more talents than just setting tables. I can't paint to save my life. Crafting and painting, 2 diff things.

o

Oh for Pete's sake, Kathleen, you not only keep me running out of words...now you are making me like polka dots!!
What am I going to do with you? LOL.

That is truly a wonderful table!
hugs, Karen

o

Kathleen, love this table with polka dots. The witches hats are so neat. I've never seen any like that but they really caught my eye and the skeletons in the glasses and butter dishes are so cute.

Always love seeing your tables.

Punk

o

I looked yesterday, but only now getting to comment. Love the way you used the black on the table and the reverse dots on the napkins, very striking contract. Those cute little butter dishes are so darn cute--what a great idea to tuck a skeleton in there! Very pretty and yet fun too. Luvs

o

Thanks, Luvs, Karen and Punk! I think I got the witch hats a few yrs ago in JoAnn's or AC Moore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here