Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 11:27

As most of you know, DH was born and raised in Saskatchewan, Canada. Even though he is now an American citizen I still like to celebrate the holidays he grew up with. Here is my table set for Canadian Thanksgiving to be celebrated on Monday Oct. 8.
Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Canadian Thanksgiving Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Such a nice remembrance for the Canadian holiday. Love the napkins and the centerpiece is really nice...love the mini pumpkins, etc. I've never seen those before. The wheat stalks go so well with them. Thanks for sharing such a nice table setting with us.

o

Kath, what a beautiful ts to celebrate Canada's Thanksgiving Day. Great combo using the burgandy, gold and green colors on this table. Neat cp with acorns, pumpkins, wheat. Always love seeing covered pumpkin bowls. Amazing how many different styles are out there.

Great find on the dishes for only .25 each. The napkins have such a pretty design and love the colors. I would of picked them up too! All the grain has been harvested now so guess I missed out on using any for a fall scape this year.

Punk

o

Oh that is definitely a beautiful Canadian farm table, Kathe! Those deep dark brown plates are gorgeous ...& I love the covered pumpkin bowls ... the flickering of candlelight in thos goblets...so lovely! But best of all is how you built this all around those napkins! ...the centerpc & wheat in the napkins...perfect! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

What a lovely table setting! (and I'm crazy about the table itself. Gorgeous wood on it!!) Everything is so appealing and warm and inviting.

I really think its special that you celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving in honor of his roots.

hugs, Karen

o

I certainly agree with everyone here..your
Canadian Thanksgiving table is beautiful.
Love the 'inspiration napkin' and the beautiful warm
colors you picked up from it.
Pretty CP and glassware and those .25 dishes were an
amazing find.
I'm sure DH enjoyed 'his beautiful table'!
jane

o

Beautiful table! I especially love the wheat centerpiece!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here