Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Fall day and night

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Here are some of my outdoor fall decorations. I did pix of them during the day and at night. I think they really show up better at night. Please ignore the lime green watering can that I forgot to move, it is so dry here that I have to water the mum pots daily. I got the metal pumpkin basket at a TS the other day for $10.00. It was there for a year I know, I didn't want to pay that much but finally broke down and bought it. When I got it home I noticed a boutique sticker where it was orginally $65.00. Sometimes, I'm just to thrifty. My fountain broke this summer, so I filled it with pumpkins and gourds. This is the same wreath on the front door as last year, but I just refurbished last year, so it's good to go for a year or two.

Frou

{{gwi:194886}}

{{gwi:194887}}

{{gwi:194888}}

Comments (14)

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Wow, beautiful Fall decs, Frou! Your neighbors must love it; I know I would!
    And the decs really do show up even better at night, don't they?
    Is your pumpkin basket metal? I love it and it's big size! The scarecrow arrangement is wonderful and very well done . . . big big congrats!!!!
    Lynn

• jaybird
    13 years ago

You have sure been working hard!! Your pictures are great.
    Thanks!!

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Lynne, the pumpkin basket is metal, it may have been a fireplace screen. And on closer inspection, I think it may be an apple basket. But what kind of apples are orange, maybe somebody repurposed it into pumpkins.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

very nice - what a delightful sight for the neighborhood kids to see - good job TFS .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

frou ...the front of your home place certainly looks "friendly!" That sweet-smiling farmer scarecrow has a welcoming face! And love all the "harvest" surrounding him...beautiful pumpkins, mums, gourds & flowers! And like the corn/stalks you've added to create a balance in height. Your birdwaterer, new metal basket pc & your yard looks absolutely wonderful! Nice, friendly "Halloween" decor! TFS! Jeanne s.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, beautiful decorations. I had to go back a few times and look at that tree in the first picture. At first I thought you had added it into your picture for fun. It has such a neat form to it.

If I remember right, your fall decor last year was wonderful too. Did you grow your corn, pumpkins and gourds? They all look great.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I just love to see displays like your's in people's yards--just so cute they make me smile! Great repurposing on your fountain, it makes a perfect display piece, and your metal piece looks wonderful, good find, I like big decorations like that. I know you are going to get lots of nice compliments from all your visitors and neighbors when they see all your yard decor. Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Great job! I'll bet your neighbors love it, and everybody driving by probably gets a big smile on their face!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I would love to be your neighbor and have that view! You have such a pretty house and front yard, and then the way you decorate makes it extra yummy eye-candy!

Love the wreath too!

Send me that tree!! What a great shape with all those trunks!
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Such a pretty Fall displays.

Your scarecrow has such a sweet face and I like how you set him up with the pretty flowers, pumpkins, gourds and cornstalks.
    It looks like a display in a garden center..just perfect.

Your wreath is lovely and the colors are georgeous.
    Very clever idea turning your broken fountain into a nice 'outdoor centerpiece' What a great way to display everything and it looks nice too.,

jane

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Love that you decorate for the kids to see. I can't put things out,they would disappear but I have long decorated my windows. 2 rooms are on front of house so I used leaf garland, pinecones, old cutouts from when my kids were young along with couple I've gotten in recent years, pumpkin with flowers in it etc, kids like it & often comment & neighbor across street makes up for what I don't do. His yard is full of ghouls & every year it changes so waiting for this year! Love your gourds, I'm going to have to try growing some. Birdbaths make great containers for your gourds & it does look great at night! Thanks! Jan

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Fou,
    That scarecrow is just the cutest. He will be a good decoration for this month AND next. Everyone is right when they say it would be fun to be your across-the-street neighbor. (Hey, do you dress Mr. Scarecrow up like an elf in December??!!)

Very clever use of your old fountain. I bet a lot of people have old fountains and just end of throwing them out.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

What a great display. It really does look better at night. The scarecrow is much to friendly looking to chase any crows away. What a treat for your neighbors!
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk, that is a Japanese Maple, one of two in my front yard. I'm always trimming and shaping them, much to my DH's dismay. I didn't grow the pumpkins and gourds, but the gourds with the scarecrow I've had several years. I dried them and painted them. Jeanne, when it gets a little closer to Halloween I will add more Halloweeny things to this display, then remove them to last to Thanksgiving. Thanks everyone else, I think most of my neighbors like my decorations, people often ask to pose thier kids with them for pix. But no one enjoys them as much as me, especially coming home from work each day.
    Frou

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions