Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Fall wall decor and garage decor

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

This is the other pheasant that I borrowed from my friend. I usually have a large landscape painting in this spot on the shelf, but after seeing what Lynne did with her paintings, I decided to change it up. The other pic is in the garage beside my back door. I know it's wierd to decorate in the garage, but this where most everyone comes in.

Frou

Comments (9)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Fabulous as always.
    My DGM used to have a saying in her kitchen that back door friends are the best, so decorating by the back door is a lovely idea.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I REALLY,REALLY like that flower arrangement in the last photo! Things like that just really 'call to me'.
    I've got some pictures by my garage house door too. I enjoy going in and out a lot better with that wall decorated.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I agree, why not 'Dress Up' where everyone comes in and even if it's not through the front door!
    Also for your own enjoyment as well.
    That floral in the lovely copper pot caught my eye too. It's a beautiful arrangement.
    Your whole vignette is truly an 'Autumn Welcoming'!
    Very nice.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I'm really liking that "wooden leaf" wreath with your arrangement of the binoculars & the rafia/leaves with that old pic in a beautiful Fallish frame. Frou...we also share that same floor lamp ...altho mine I've painted & on the porch. That copper pot floral arrangement is BEAUTIFUL! Looks great! TFS! Jeanne S.

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Oh, I love that you decorated by your entry from your garage. Everyone comes into my house thru the garage too!

We recently put in a brand new entryway door & even that thrills me evertime I come home & see it. We had a big old wooden door for years & DH decided to update with a new aluminum door, with a full window, our wooden one had a small window that was too high for anyone to see out.

I bought a door sign in Florida to decorate my new door, it says "All dogs are pets, but Shih Tzus are family", it looks so cute on my new door, so I guess I have my garage entry decorated just a little bit!

Wish I had room for a small table like you did, but too many skateboards, bikes etc. out there! LOL

All of your holiday decor is looking great, there have been so many posted lately, want to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

All your extra touches are really giving your decor a nice fall flavor. Great idea to decorate where everyone can enjoy it when they come in. Love that copper pot and all the items in your arrangement too. Luvs

• party_music50
    13 years ago

Very cute, frou. And that first display is *wild* -- literally. lol! I too love the wooden leaf wreath and copper pot!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

"I know it's wierd to decorate in the garage, but this where most everyone comes in."

Frou, you're my kind of gal!

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks girls. Jeanne that "old picture" is DH and I a couple of years ago when we attended a murder mystery weekend at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. We went as Ernest Hemmingway and Dorthey Draper. And I actually thought of you when I bought that wreath at a GS for only a dollar. It has a real earthy and simple look that I've come to appreciate.
    Frou

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012
More Discussions