Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Apple baskets for the season

party_music50
10 years ago

Hi everyone! Our autumn weather is GORGEOUS here!

I bought some blank wooden apple appliques, painted them, and am experimenting with making some baskets that I thought would be cute to use for autumn display! I'm hoping my sisters like them. :) Here's a pic of my first two... the one on the right will hang or stand. The one on the left is still wet at the top which is why the color appears to be different. lol!

I'm trying to come up with a good shape and size for hanging on a door, but I guess it all depends on the door. :p Any suggestions?

Comments (10)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Adorable apple baskets. I think the first one looks like one to hang on the door. But the second one that can sit would be my favorite. It could be filled with flowers, leaves, etc and sit all year long any where. You do such nice work.

Thanks for sharing these. Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Beautiful!
    Those would fit right in with my kitchen décor!

I like the left one for a door, but what about a long cone shaped one that could hold branches or stems? That would probably be harder to make, but very pretty.

I'm sure your sisters will LOVE them.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Ditto on what the other gals said. Soon as I saw the baskets I knew your sisters would really love them. You are so talented. :o)

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

I love your apple baskets. I really like the one that you can sit or stand, it could be used in so many more places. You do beautiful weaving. Learning to make baskets is still on my bucket list but I'm afraid my list will outlast my lifetime.

• party_music50
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I was hoping the appliques would be a cute addition.

Punk, thanks to your comments, I now know which sister gets the basket on the right! lol!

Candy, a cone shape is a very interesting idea. I can picture a couple different ideas in my head. I'll have to think about it and give it a try... thanks!

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

They are both beautiful! My fave is the small pocket one on the left ~~ I don't know why...I guess I just like the shape & can see it hanging on a door ...but it looks great hanging on your wall pegs! ~~Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

I love both baskets and I really can't choose between them'
    Your sisters are lucky.
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

These are very cool! I agree that the one that is drying would be best for on a door. You do great work, very nice! :)

-SD

• maximavswife
    10 years ago

Beautiful work! What awesome gifts these will make. I like the one with the flat bottom best as it could be used in so many places, including on a door. How fun to have the patience I sooo lack to make these yourself :-)

• party_music50
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! Isn't it funny how easy it is to choose a favorite?! I prefer the slim one on the left too. :p I'm thinking I need to change the handle on the one on the right -- I originally wanted to wrap the handle but couldn't find a piece that's long and flexible enough to make those sharp turns.

I posted a photo of the baskets on FB..... only one sister 'like'd it. LOL!!!!

Sponsored
More Discussions