Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good bye Sandy!

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 10:31

I'm so glad Sandy has left us here on our part of the East coast I hope all of my friends here on Holidays stayed safe.
She left major destruction in her wake.
There was a tremendous amount of wind damage in our area. But not much flooding. We were without power for 24 hours. I know that doesn't compare to what other areas are dealing with.
On Monday (about 50 miles from here) an 8year old boy was outside with his Dad when he was struck and killed by a falling tree limb. My heart goes out to his family.
Nana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good bye Sandy!

Am glad you are safe, nana...so much destruction from Sandy ... keeping all in thought & prayer & the road to recovery ahead. Thank you for sharing here. Hugs, Jeanne S.

o

Nana, I didn't know where you lived, but I did email Kathleen on Long Island and Janet in Virginia to be sure they were okay. Kathleen said lots of trees down and homes washed away, but they were safe. Electric off awhie but came back on. Janet got two or three feet of snow from the blizzard caused by the storm. She assured me she was safe and warm and not going to venture out for awhile. Not sure if Jane's or any other of our memebers were in the areas where the storm hit.

Luvs

o

Nana, so glad you're okay and that the storm has passed. My prayers go out to all of those folks who suffered so much damage and are without power and/or their homes. In my part of Virginia, we had about 8 inches of rain and lots of wind, but very little damage. We are so very thankful for that. Hope we hear from the others in the storms path.

o

Nana, so glad you are OK. Sandy was horrible and I am so sorry to hear about the problems it caused.

T & P's for everyone affected.

Thanks for letting us know you are OK.
Candy

o

Nana, that Sandy was a horrible storm. So glad you are ok. We had alot of men in last week checking their service that was heading down to help clean up. I heard from Jane and they lost power on and off.

I thought I commented on this before. Sure hope everyone here survived w/o much damage.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here