Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting a new addition

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 13, 11 at 10:30

To our family. My oldest son called last night and told me he finally proposed to his wonderful girlfriend! I was wondering if he was going to wait until he received his Doctorate at the end of next year. I didn't think I could wait that long myself!! I am just so excited and happy. I just love her and they make such a perfect couple. She is the daughter I have always wanted :) They are planning a simple wedding sometime next year in Michigan where she is from and where they both live. I hereby promise to be the best MIL ever! :) Here are some pictures of them. My son, what a goof. God love her for appreciating his humor :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Kath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting a new addition

What wonderful news Kath!
They look perfect together.
Nana

o

What a beautiful couple! Congratulations to your son and soon to be new daughter!

o

Your excitement comes right thru the computer! Great news and Congratulations to all of you.

I know you will be a super MIL, and I bet she loves you as much as you already love her. Isn't it wonderful when a son marries a girl you'd want as your own daughter! Jason's wife is like that to me. We all loved her from the beginning and told him he better keep her! LOL.

I imagine you will be walking around with a huge smile on your face for a long time. ;o)
hugs, Karen

o

How wonderful...Congratulations to ALL!
They make a lovely couple. I'm not only happy for them but for you too...
Here's to being the best MIL there is!
jane

o

Oh, great news, maxi! They are a CUTE couple! Congrats to you & your extended family! I like your son's 'grin!' ;-) Jeanne S.

o

Congrats! What a handsome couple! I also have a DIL that is absolutely perfect, as if I hand picked her myself! I always side with her if she and my son have a little tiff. lol.

o

Kath, so happy for all of you. DS looks tickled so it must be the right time. It will be so wonderful to have a DIL you adore. How many childeren do you have?

Hope you will be able to help w/decorations for the wedding. Just today at the office I got a compliment on all the bouquets around we made for DD's wedding.

Punk

o

Congratulations to you all!!
That is great news! I foresee a lot of trips to Michigan in your future!! Bet you didn't know I could see into the future,LOL!

Now you have to go shopping for your dress!
So wonderful that she is MIL approved, should make life a lot easier for everyone.

Super news, so happy for you all,
Candy

o

That's wonderful, Kathe, best of luck to them!

o

Congrats Kath - how wonderful that you can already love her like a daughter - wishing them the best of everything in the future .....

Lynne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here