Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

a year late

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

I'm sure most of you remember my Birthday Tables from last year.

This is one that I wasn't able to get posted.

I was sad about that, because my oldest DGD was born in October.

THIS ONE IS FOR YOU DYLAN.

From 2011_10_16

I used the Milk Glass dishes that I've had for some time now

I found the candle holders at a local co-op store.

The sugar bowl and creamer, little sauce bowl and salt and pepper shakers are family heirlooms.

From 2011_10_16

This is the beautiful Saw Tooth Milk Glass vase that our dear Karen sent me. It belonged to her DM and I cherish it.

From 2011_10_16

October's birthstone is Opal. They are a little out of my price range,

so I painted little faux pumpkins to try to replicate some of the colors in Opals.

From 2011_10_16

Opals are the most wonderful gems. They can be cloudy and mysterious or blazing and dazzling.

So I used some scatters to show the brilliance seen in them.

From 2011_10_16

I want to wish Punk, and any one else who is celebrating a birthday in October a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Nana

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh nana...this table is extra special!!! I love it!
    Esp love the heirloom sugar,creamer,bowl & also the memory pc from our good friend, Karen! so lovely!

Everything looks so beautiful & you did remarkable 'opal' paintings on the faux pumpkins! Love the scatters on the table & the pretty napkin ties! Wow, your GD will love this ...even a yr later! ;-) TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Beautiful table Nana! Love all your milk glass. That Karen is so sweet and knows exactly how to pick the perfect gifts. I'm so happy she sent you her DM's vase to add to your collection.

Your family heirloom sugar bowl, creamer, little sauce bowl and salt and pepper shakers are precious. All the gems are wonderful. Did you make the design on the napkins or buy them like that? Beautiful job painting the pumpkins for this table and love your colored flatware to match.

So glad you posted these pictures to share with us. Thanks for the early BDay wish. This reminds me we haven't heard from Magpie for a long time. We share the same bday.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

I have always loved milk glass. Your table is so inviting. Would love to sit there with you and share a cup of coffee or tea.TFS

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Nana, the table is just lovely. And the milk glass is wonderful. Your family heirloom pieces are also really pretty, and very special.

I'm so glad you are 'using' the hobnail flower bowl I sent you. Actually it wasn't my Mom's, it was my grandmother's! So its quite old. I've seen similar on eBay occasionally, but most are slightly different as they were made later on. It deserves to displayed and enjoyed, so I know it found a good home with you.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you every one.
    Jeanne, my DGD did love her Birthday table. She was glad I choose to use Opal instead of Tourmaline which is the other birthstone for Oct.

Punk, The napkin rings are grape ornaments.
    I bought them at BL years ago in different colors to use for napkin rings on my Thanksgiving table.

Janet, I would love to have you join me for a cup of tea or coffee at my table. The door is always open.

Karen, I was proud to use this beautiful Heirloom that belonged to your DGM. Thank you again.

Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Pretty, pretty table. I love milk glass and your dishes are so pretty!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Nana what a sweet and lovely table. I'm so glad you
    got to show this in honor of Dylan's BD.
    I love milk glass and your dishes and other pieces are so pretty. Dear Karen sent you the perfect piece to add to your collection.
    I agree the heirloom pieces are beautiful espec the S&C.
    Very creative thinking with painting the little pumpkin in 'opal' colors. It turned out great.

jane

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Great table and beautiful job you did painting those pumpkins! terrific idea.

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions
More Discussions