Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with a tablesetting...

Posted by dreamgoddess (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 10:20

Good morning everyone! I'm back asking for help once again. LOL! I want to do a fall setting, but I'm stuck on my centerpiece.

This is what I have so far.
Photobucket

Candleholders
Photobucket

The napkins are sage, white, gold and a rusty red color plaid.
Photobucket

This is what I need help with! I would love some suggestions as to what I can put in the bowl. I'm coming up with absolutely nothing. No ideas whatsoever!
Photobucket

Anyone have any ideas for the bowl? Oh and whatever I use, it needs to be CHEAP! LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with a tablesetting...

DG,
A few ideas I had for you;
Pinecones
A large pillar candle
Faux fruit
Large pumpkin real or faux
A matching or coordinating napkin or doily and fill with small items like mini pumpkins, apples, or breads
A figurine on a pedestal candlestick or just a pedestal
Create a stacked plate arrangement and use the bowl as a holder for floral or leaves
A bust or figurine
A plant, real or faux
A candle-ring
Spheres or orbs
A vase, empty or with something in it
A floral arrangement
A scarecrow
A wheat sheaf
A bundle of sticks tied with raffia, twine, or a pretty ribbon, tie it up and then give the bundle a twist so the bottom flares out enough to make it stand up
A potted orchid, real or faux

Hope something here gives you an idea.

TTFN,
Candy

o

Candy, I couldn't help but laugh when I read your reply. I saw that "I have a few ideas" and then this long list. It just sort of tickled me! Thank you for the suggestions. These are some fantastic ideas!

Not long after I posted this thread, the nurse from my daughter's school called me to come get her. Apparently she wasn't feeling very well after she got to school this morning. Naturally by the time I actually got to the school, she was feeling much better.

While I was out, I decided to swing by the TS and see what I could find. Pickings are really slim here where I live, but I did manage to find a faux floral arrangement that I thought might work. It had some super sad looking faded flowers on it, so I ripped them off and replaced them with some sunflowers that I got at the DT.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't see your reply before I left. I remember seeing a scarecrow at the TS that would have been perfect to sit in the bowl. It even had some wheat sheaves with it! If it's still there tomorrow, I'm going to grab it.

Thanks again!

o

Glad I could help.
TS's are some of my fav. places to find treasures as you may have gleaned from some of my postings.
I hope Mr. Scarecrow is still waiting for you tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

TTFN,
Candy

o

Hey Dream, good to see you again. You are seldom 'stuck'
for tablesetting ideas, so this one must've really put up a stumbling block for you. If you haven't seen Candy in action, you are in for a treat. This gal is a whiz at everything it seems. If I didn't like her so much, I'd be insanely jealous. LOL.

I'm sure Kathleen, OA, and quite a few others will have some great suggestions too. I just sit back and try to absorb some things from everyone. I wish you'd grabbed that scarecrow, hope he's there tomorrow.

Our Fall table-setting inspiration album might give you some more ideas too.
hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: our Fall Table Album

o

Line with fall leaves, add gourds & pumpkins. That's all I've got!

o

How about visiting your local farm stand and buying some mums, cabbage, gourds, and layering it all in some sort of fall bowl ($$$ store?). I like the gold table cloth with the lace overlay and the candle sticks.

o

I'd fill it with bronze & gold glass ornaments or balls ... & tuck in a few gold & bronze leaves here & there. (pyramid stacking) OR a big wooden pineapple would look great sitting in the metal bowl with some pretty sparkly leaves...gold & bronze again. Beautiful candle holders, DG! Jeanne S.

o

I love all of the above suggestions, Dream, but have one issue with it . . . your candleholders are bad . . . you can send them straight on to me and I'll be glad to hang onto them while you find something else . . . LOL! Actually, I'm drooling over them!!!
Lynn

o

Love what you have so far - it is so elegant and the centerpiece needs to be elegant also IMO - I love the idea of gold, bronze and copper ornaments in the bowl along with some glittery fall leaves. Michaels has a bush of very pretty glittery ones in maroon, copper, olive green. I bought several bunches because they will blend right in with some Christmas florals so I can get two season out of them - please post pictures of the final table .....

Lynne

o

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I didn't have a whole lot of luck with locating stuff here, so had to go with what I could find.

I love the idea of the bronze and gold ornaments. I do have a couple of bronze ones, but it wasn't enough to use in the bowl. I will probably do another fall setting between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to find some ornaments to use before then.

Lynn, I'll get those candleholders packed right up for you! LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here