Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Velma is Visiting

nana2010_gw
9 years ago

Supreme Ruler Velma has taken time out of her busy schedule to visit the 13 Witches of the Moss Hollow Coven before the Gathering on Oct31~~~~

From 2014-10-21 (by Eye-Fi)

Comments (14)

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Velma is very Vain and wouldn't share the lime light with the table.
    Although the 13 witches set it in her honor, and didn't squabble (too much) in the process.

From 2014-10-19 (by Eye-Fi)

No one knows if Velma likes the table, but it is still in one piece and not scattered in the wind to the far reaches of the Universe.
    The witches are relived to have survived Velma visit. They have sworn to behave~~~But I have heard that before!!!!
    Keeping my fingers crossed
    Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Tue, Oct 21, 14 at 19:40

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

I wouldn't want to tick Velma off to give her a reason to
    Cast any spells my way! She looks Real Mean!
    On the other hand...if Velma doesn't like your table ..I Love it.. especially the tablecloth. Is it two pieces? Looks like spiderweb netting over red.
    Whatever it is, it's perfect for your tablesetting... Great black & white layering
    With Blood Red accents...And the Rat Napkin Rings !!
    Love your 13 Witches....you have to show them off...After all, they wait all
    Year for this moment!
    Thanks again for another fun table .
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Jane.
    the tablecloth is two pieces. The top layer is a black spider web netting tc. I think I got it at Big Lots last year or the year before. The 13 witches are thrilled that you like their creation. This is the first time, that I can recall, that they were able to agree on how a table should look....without mayhem...
    These lovely ladies are delighted you would like to see them again!!
    They took time out of their busy schedules to pose for a group portrait.

From 2014-10-22 (by Eye-Fi)

They are still on the lookout for Griselda who has been seen flying around~~`wherever she is trouble is soon to follow

From 2014-10-22 (by Eye-Fi)

The ladies asked me to invite you to join them at the Gathering on Halloween night.
    I'm not sure if that is a good idea!!

BEWARE
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

I LOVE Velma!! Even tho she's a pistol, she's also a delight. And your 13 witches were certainly on their very best behavior to do such a lovely table. I REALLY, REALLY like it. The table cloth.....WOW. That turned out perfect. Might be one of my favorite table-settings of yours!

Your Halloween tales make me feel like a kid again,and give me so many smiles!!
    (also a little guilt, this is the 3rd one that my wonderful Witches....and everything else....has stayed packed away. I make myself sad doing this but can't seem to get stuff out and decorate any more.)

• christmascandy
    9 years ago

Love Velma and the table too!!

My DGM used to occasionally mistakenly call me Velma.
    DGM's older sister had a daughter named Velma and the sister died in the 1918 influenza epidemic, so DGM and her parents raised Velma. Hence, the occasional times I was called by the wrong name.

Back to your Velma, I hope she and the 13 others play nicely and don't cause any problems.

Happy Halloween,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GRRR just lost my post !!!
    I'll try again later when my patience returns
    Nana

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

edited to remove double post
    Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Sat, Oct 25, 14 at 8:05

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

You're a wonderful storyteller, nana ....

I, too, am thrilled to see 'Velma' again ... altho she would be a bit of a fright if she snuck up on ya! The other witches did a 'terrific' (not terrifying) t'scape! That lil' table is a 'treasure' & like others have said, the t'cloth sure rises to the occasion! Love the reds & blacks & esp the hat hanging in the backgrd on the wall ..... terrific!! TFS, nana ~~Jeanne

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

That Velma has not lost her touch for putting the other witches in their place!! She must have a spell on them!

Love the way they all came together to create such a wonderful table and are so brave to pose all together with Velma Looming!

Maybe is it B/c Griselda was flying around keeping watch?

Perhaps her looks are deceiving when it comes to Velma! She may be a tougher witch than she looks!

Tell The Group they did an excellent job on their decorating and it was very brave of them to pose for the group picture!

Creek

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all again.

Karen, I really hope you find your decorating spirit again. I found it hard to pull the bins out this year.

Candy, I have been told that Velma loves her name, because it is unusual, and not heard very often these days.

Jeanne, so glad to hear from you. Velma would give anyone a fright! She is is fair as Supreme Ruler of the Realm, although she has been known to have a Hissy fit or two in her day.

Creek, the 13 witches love having their picture taken they are,in their opinion, quite beautiful!!

The witches are happy you all liked their table.

It was an honor for Supreme Ruler Velma to take time to visit at this busy time of year.

They must be very watchful of Griselda. She is always looking for an opportunity to swoop down and cause chaos. Her unassuming looks are deceiving. There is NOT a Coven in the universe that will allow her to stay.
    I really hope these hags..er... ladies don't have to much fun preparing for the Gathering~~~~
    wish me luck
    Nana

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Nana,

Good Luck!!

I miss understood about Griselda, she is not who I thought she was!

Good Luck And The Can Keep Them Straight!!

Yes, They Are Quite Beautiful, Very Good That they all get along so well!

You Take Care,

Creek

• luvstocraft
    9 years ago

Nana, I am so glad I thought to stop by tonight. I just love your wonderful witch collection, and I really enjoy your tales about each one!

Wonderful table, the rat napkin ring made me laugh out loud. Now they just might scare someone's appetite away for sure!

So nice seeing so many familiar names still posting. You are all a great bunch of gals.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Popping in here again Nana...and I'm so glad I did!
    So Honored The 13 Witches Invited Me To Their Halloween Gathering...
    If my Broom Is Able...I'd Love a To Join Them for some 'Merry Mischief' !
    Nana...I love that you Showcased them...they are all so unique ...I think
    I remember you got them at Big Lots...and now your Spooktacular
    Web tablecloth too! Miss that store for such wonderful finds.
    I agree..you are great at storytelling...and Like Karen, they make me smile
    too!
    Tell The Witches (hehehe) thanks for the invite!
    jane

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Wow Nana, guess I haven't been here for awhile.
    Want you to know tho, the witches didn't take me
    for a ride and drop me in another country and I'm
    still trying to find my way back!lol

I love your table. The red and black is gorgeous!

Punk

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator
More Discussions