Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shaun_gw

Xmas Ornaments from old beaded jewelry?

shaun
17 years ago

Hi everyone

This will be our first Christmas without our mom. She left behind a box full of beads, crystals, gold chains, all costume jewelry. Nothing of monetary value.

I thought it would be very nice to make ornaments for my sisters and brother using mom's beads. I don't sew or knit but I can use a hot glue gun.

Do any of you have any pictures of beaded ornaments I can look at to get some ideas?

Thanks so much ~

Comments (5)

• SEWigardnut
    17 years ago

I just saw a picture of a christmas tree shape. It was covered with beads and spray painted. Maybe then you could add the crystals and such. You can also check on Garden Junk.

• shaun
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you~

• DebW
    17 years ago

This (picture in the link) isn't an ornament, but this is a shadow box I made. The triangle piece is a piece of my mom's wedding dress with her wedding dress beads glued on. Thought maybe it would give you an idea for something else.

Could you maybe run a thin wire through the beads or chains and swirl them around clear ornaments?

Or put your mom's picture in an ornament or clear little frame and glue the beads all around it.

I don't know if you have sisters, but I made my sisters bracelets and earrings out of wedding dress beads. Maybe you could re-do the beads into something like that.

I try to make something each year as a little remembrance.

I don't know if you already did this, but maybe post this on the craft forum too.

Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of shadow box

• evelyn_craftdiva
    17 years ago

Check out this post from the C&D forum about a tree made from
    old jewelry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jewelry Tree

• shaun
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb that shadowbox is beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.

Evelyn, I'll go check out that thread, thanks.

Sponsored
More Discussions