Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Xmas Ornaments from old beaded jewelry?

Posted by shaun (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 6, 06 at 8:29

Hi everyone

This will be our first Christmas without our mom. She left behind a box full of beads, crystals, gold chains, all costume jewelry. Nothing of monetary value.

I thought it would be very nice to make ornaments for my sisters and brother using mom's beads. I don't sew or knit but I can use a hot glue gun.

Do any of you have any pictures of beaded ornaments I can look at to get some ideas?

Thanks so much ~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Xmas Ornaments from old beaded jewelry?

I just saw a picture of a christmas tree shape. It was covered with beads and spray painted. Maybe then you could add the crystals and such. You can also check on Garden Junk.

o

Thank you~

o

This (picture in the link) isn't an ornament, but this is a shadow box I made. The triangle piece is a piece of my mom's wedding dress with her wedding dress beads glued on. Thought maybe it would give you an idea for something else.

Could you maybe run a thin wire through the beads or chains and swirl them around clear ornaments?

Or put your mom's picture in an ornament or clear little frame and glue the beads all around it.

I don't know if you have sisters, but I made my sisters bracelets and earrings out of wedding dress beads. Maybe you could re-do the beads into something like that.

I try to make something each year as a little remembrance.

I don't know if you already did this, but maybe post this on the craft forum too.

Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of shadow box

o

Check out this post from the C&D forum about a tree made from
old jewelry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jewelry Tree

o

Deb that shadowbox is beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.

Evelyn, I'll go check out that thread, thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here