Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pretty 'white' owls for decor

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 5:25

For those of you who love owls in decorating, the transformation of these three to 'sort of white' is wonderful! I love owls and think from fall thru winter they looks so neat in with the holiday decor.

Lots of photos of what she did, so enjoy her blog post.
hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Owls on the Mantel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pretty 'white' owls for decor

Very nice. Owls seem to be everywhere this year.

o

Very pretty...Never thought about owls before in decorating...love how her mantel looks with them.

jane

o

I am liking 'owls,' too...& she did a great job re-vitalizing those...whites look good! Here's the goldish mercury glass one I got last yr @HLobby on the shelf above the dining room sliding doors: (no flash pic @night...reflections are the living room)

ShelfSlidingDoorsFallA10.12

And here's a cropped 'flash pic' (kind of 'bright') so you can see the Fall decor a little better...& 3 of my 'Woodfield' Leaf plates/cups...the other Woodfields are on the porch wall shelf...no pics yet.

ShelfSidingDoorsFallB10.12

TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

o

Karen, the new wht owls look good. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne, pretty owl. I love mercury glass and owls. Your shelf looks so pretty.

I still have my lg one my DF gave me sitting by one of the china cabs. Maybe I should try a witch hat on her.LOL

Punk

o

Yes Punk, definitely put a witch hat on your big owl!! I have several owls, mostly for Halloween, so they are still packed. (sigh). However I do have a couple out. Sometimes I see tacky painted ones in GW and never seem to think "out of the box" at how good they could look with a little paint. I love how her's ended up, hope I remember this in the future.

Jeanne, one of my Halloween owls is red mercury glass.

hugs, Karen

o

Never been a big owl fan, but she certainly did a nice job on hers and they turned out great. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here