Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

latest Jeanne update

Purplemoon
10 years ago

Posted on her Caring Bridge today.....

" It's been some rough days since Thurs'. 5 hrs of Chemo ~~ but there is 'light' again at the end of the day. Today is better than yesterday & the day before that. I also have made it thru chemo #4 without making a hospital trip ... thankful! I have lots of edema because of my other health issues (with Chemo messing up my lifetime meds I take for that) but so far, my body is keeping it in control yet here at home. Anyway, the Chemo has me feeling very 'blue' today & so I decided to ask for help from my friends/family who follow me on Caring Bridge. I appreciate your continued good thoughts & prayers."

Please pile on the prayers and love for her,
hugs, Karen

Comments (23)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, you are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

I am doing better today ~~ thank you ...
    Karen, maybe you can just add to this post when I update ...instead of starting new ones. I appreciate each & every one of you who are keeping me in good thought & prayer ... & I am checking in here often! Thanks so much. Next week hope to do some inside Fall decor. Happy Fall! It's Oct! ;-) Jeanne S.
    ~~pretty blues 'in the Pines' this week.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

So glad to hear today is a better day, Jeanne! Beautiful picture. Love the blue chairs, door and blue jars with the branches above. Amazing how close the colors of the branches and door are in this picture.

I'm thinking I might take a friday off either this week or next to get some fall cleanup outside done. We've been getting alot of wind and rain. Our weather is cold and not appealing to want to run out after work and work in.

If you can do inside decor, hope we can all join your enthusiasm and get more decorations out also! Hope you continue to feel better each day, df. Sad to hear you are dealing with edema. Wish I was closer and could help take care of you.

Sending more hugs and prayers your way!

Love, Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Hubby & I had a couple days camping in our motorhome @our daughter #2 family farm ... it's harvest time & everyone is busy, busy! But we got to see our Jr High gr'son play football! Fun times!

I did have to make an ER trip because I got a fever & some uncomfortable pain... cancer & chemo & fevers do not mix so you can't just wait til morn. They took good care of me & today I saw my local cancer dr. & was given some meds. To be safe, she wants me on an antibodic for 1 week ... they don't know culture blood tests until 24 hrs later. She also gave me a new med to start taking which should help w/the leg pain (burning & tingling) that happens in the those worse days after Chemo. It's for the side effect listed as: "Peripheral neuropathy: although uncommon, a serious side effect of decresed sensation & paresthesia (numness & tingling of the extremities) may be noted. Sensory loss, numbness & tingling, & difficulty in walking may last for at least as long as theray is continued. These side effects may become progressively more severe with continued treatment & your doctor may decide to decrease your dose."

So it's been a good week ... I am feeling 'good' now & have another free week left until chemo #5. Thanks, 'Holiday-ers' for you good thoughts & prayers. Jeanne S.

(Here's Dollbaby apple harvest time photo... hope to get some Fall/Halloween done yet!) ;-)

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Hi, Jeanne. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Love Dollbaby's apple hat.
    OA

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Hi Jeanne...
    Glad you got to see your DGS play football...that's always fun to watch.
    Sorry you had that fever but I'm glad to hear all is under control. Sounds like your Drs are on top of every side effect to help you feel better. I hope those antibiotics 'kick butt' of anything brewing and get you up to speed again!
    Take care my friend...
    jane

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne...forgot to mention Dollbaby and her cute
    Apple Harvest outfit >>>Adorable as usual.
    I remember having a hat like hers - myself!!
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, Thanks for checking in, I'm sorry about the fever and I'm glad it is under control. I hope the meds help with the neurophathy.
    I'm really glad you got to see your DGS play football. they grow up so fast.
    Loved seeing Doll Baby in her Apple Harvest outfit. she is such a little sweetie.
    Nana

• maximavswife
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I am sorry to hear you have been going through all of this but, I am glad to see you keeping your spirits up and your fever down. Baby Doll looks so sweet in her Apple Harvest outfit! I am sure seeing her there helps bring a smile to your face :-) Take care and know that you are in my prayers.
    Kath

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, thank you for sharing all that you are going through with us. You are such an inspiration. I love it that although you have pain you never lose sight of what's important to you and those who love you.

Praying that the antibodic does it's job and keeps you feeling better. I've always believed in sharing knowledge so information may be passed on to others going though the same thing. This thinking might come from being a mentoring supervisor for so many years!

Dollbaby is adorable and I always enjoy seeing her. Take care df.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

Jeanie sorry to hear that you have been struggling with the pain and the chemo side effects; but sounds like you have the right team of drs and the great attitude that you always have will help you get through this. Please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Love Doll Baby's apple hat, Thanks for keeping us up to speed with what is going on with you.

• kathleen_li
    10 years ago

Just seeing this, Jeanne. I will be praying for you!
    Kathleen

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you, Kathleen .... & an update for my friends here...

I am home from my cat scan today ... everything went well & the nurses & staff are so good that they make everything go smoothly & as comfortably as possible...blessings! Now I will take that cat scan disk with me to Iowa City the first part of Dec. to the Cancer Center & then they will decide if my body is ready for surgery or whatever. I have finished 6 chemo infusions (approx 5 hrs each) since July ... so we know there has been much shrinkage (that is good). It's the season to be 'thankful' ... & tho things at times seem very 'confusing,' it's always good to have another friend to help figure it out. So thanks, friends! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I am happy to hear there is shrinkage. I will be keeping you on my prayer list. My friend and neighbor is on this same journey, just finished this round of chemo, so when I pray for her, your name is there too.
    I hope you have as pleasant a Tgiving as possible. My dh just got out of icu, so ours will be very low key. We too are thankful for God's blessings, and look forward to healthier days. All the best, J!

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Jeanne, we are including you in the prayer chain at my Bi*ble study!

So glad to hear there is shrinkage!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and more good news in Dec.

Kathleen, we miss you around here, but also wishing good health and blessings for your family.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, things sound positive for you.
    I continue to keep you in my prayers.
    Kathleen, I sorry to hear that your DH has been ill.
    I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Nana

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I just want to tell you that my thoughts and prayers are with you. You have been such a great and nice contributor and kind friend to those who post here. You were nice to me, first, when others had not acknowledged my presence and though events have taken me far from here, I still recall you with fondness, and a kind and wonderful soul and you are in my prayers. May you be healed and blessed! forever more.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thank you for the beautiful messages, 'Holiday-ers' ... I am in awe of the caring people on this forum... appreciated.

& Kathleen, I hope your hubby's recovery time goes smoothly & you can enjoy a quiet celebration this year.
    ~~Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

My hubby & I made the trip to Iowa City yesterday with my latest catscan in hand & I was very fearful of going to this appointment. I knew my 5 mos of chemo had shrunk the largest tumor & I was hoping for good news. Well, we got both good news & bad news & the wind knocked out of our sails for both of us & last nite was able to update my status:

"For those of you who know I have been fighting cancer for 6 mos, I had an appt today in Iowa City w/cancer dr/surgeon & now after 5 mos of chemo here locally, I am ready for surgery. That will happen in the middle of Jan ....so for now, I am 'chemo-free' & intend to enjoy everything I can for the next 6 weeks. Unfortunately, after surgery & recovery (4 to 6 wks), I will then require chemo for at least 6 - 12 mos. Thank you for all your good thoughts, prayers, comments and/or cards ... appreciated! Right now I am building up strength for the year ahead."

So, starting this morning, after a good night's sleep, I am enjoying the next 6 weeks of 'chemo-freedom'... ;-) Happy Holidays! ~~Hugs, Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry you will be facing more chemo, but I'm glad you are chemo free for now and will be able to enjoy the holidays.
    you are in my prayers my friend.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Like Nana I'm glad you can enjoy the holidays chemo
    free.
    Praying for you to get thru that next round of chemo..
    As hard as it will be...try to think of ea one as 'one round down' and closer to being cancer free.
    Blessings to your Jeanne..
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Oh Jeanne, enjoy the next 6 weeks w/o chemo treatments. May you and yours have a "Merry Christmas"! As Jane said 'one round down' might be a way to think positive through another dreadful chemo time.

Will keep you in my prayers DGF. Thanks for the update. I'm sooo Happy you will be able to have surgery. My other DF is doing her second round of chemo after surgery and still working full time. She's a sweetheart and so are you!!!

Love, Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I continually pray for you, and so admire your strength and spirit as you fight this terrible battle.

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know you can enjoy the Holidays, home with your family, and meanwhile getting your strength back for the next round.

I hope right now you will celebrate every minute of Dec. We'll all be with you in heart and prayer 'next year' as you move forward... surrounded by so much love.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions