Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Rusty Candleabra

christmascandy
13 years ago

Here is a close up of the rusty candleabra I used in my kitchen table tablescape.

It actually had the ivy on it when I bought it, and I added the jack candles and the fall leaves.

I found it at a thrift store a couple of yrs ago and the little Jack candles came from Big Lots also a couple of yrs ago after the holiday for .10 ea.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (14)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Leave it to you, Ms Thrift Store Queen, to score a RUSTY chandelier that is just perfect for Halloween!
    Very cool decoration.

hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    13 years ago

That is very interesting. I like what you've done with it! Is it cast iron? I'd love to see what it looks like with no decorations -- I've never seen anything like that, except perhaps in a movie scene. :)

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

very cool decoration - I keep looking for an interesting candelabra or chandaleir(sp) to play around with. You guys have given me so many ideas .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

The rusty candleabra is wonderful. Even more special that it was a bargain!!
    NanaK

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

That's a great candelabra. With nice wide bases for each candle, you can use glass votive holders as well as candles. I'm always in the market for pieces that allow glass holders so that they can be used on the patio. Even a teeny tiny breeze will blow out a candle, so I have to surround my candles with something.
    I bet we're going to be seeing it a lot in different arrangements.

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

What a great find and so perfect for Halloween and Autumn! I want to go shopping with you...you always find the neatest things!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, I agree with DG, you really find the best bargains. Those little pumpkin candles for 10 cents each were a great find too. Your rusty metal looks like the real thing, I know there are some paint techniques used sometimes to get the effect of rust. I love all the arms on yours, let's it really fill out the space well. Is it as heavy as it looks?

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

This was such a great find..
    I love the size and shape of it and can see you using it
    with many different 'toppings' to change it. Right now
    those Jack candles are perfect.
    I think the rust gives it such character too.

jane

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Ladies,
    Yes, it is heavy metal (AR,AR,AR!!)
    It is a rust finish, its not actually rusty.

DG, that is what Kath said when I emailed her and asked if she would like to meet and go to lunch. Her response was "no, I want to go TS shopping with you." And she found some china Reed & Barton Christmas salad plates that were beautiful and way less than what she later priced them for on E-Bay.

I think I find such great treasures because I REALLY look at the shelves and then go back and look again, because you miss things the first time through.

I almost never leave a TS empty handed. There is always some treasure wanting to come home with me!

I also shop the sales after the holidays when the stores are clearing things out. That is when I found the .10 candles.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, so glad you took some close up's to share. It is such a neat candleabra and looks great with the pumpkins and fall leaves you added.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Color me green with envy.
    Such a nice piece with so many possibilities.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Wonderful, Candy! Adding the small jach-o-lanterns was a fantastic idea!!! I really like your idea a lot. TFS!
    Lynn

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

>>that is what Kath said when I emailed her and asked if she would like to meet and go to lunch. Her response was "no, I want to go TS shopping with you." And, I hit the thrift store by me this weekend without CC and didn't find one danged thing :) Yep, Candy has that special thrift store touch LOL!
    Kath

• prosperity66
    13 years ago

It's a gorgeous candelabra! I definitely love cast iron stuff and am looking for a similar candelabra to add to my dining room. And your set up is excellent.

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider
More Discussions