Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rusty Candleabra

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 0:58

Here is a close up of the rusty candleabra I used in my kitchen table tablescape.
It actually had the ivy on it when I bought it, and I added the jack candles and the fall leaves.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I found it at a thrift store a couple of yrs ago and the little Jack candles came from Big Lots also a couple of yrs ago after the holiday for .10 ea.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rusty Candleabra

Leave it to you, Ms Thrift Store Queen, to score a RUSTY chandelier that is just perfect for Halloween!
Very cool decoration.

hugs, Karen

o

That is very interesting. I like what you've done with it! Is it cast iron? I'd love to see what it looks like with no decorations -- I've never seen anything like that, except perhaps in a movie scene. :)

o

very cool decoration - I keep looking for an interesting candelabra or chandaleir(sp) to play around with. You guys have given me so many ideas .....

Lynne

o

The rusty candleabra is wonderful. Even more special that it was a bargain!!
NanaK

o

That's a great candelabra. With nice wide bases for each candle, you can use glass votive holders as well as candles. I'm always in the market for pieces that allow glass holders so that they can be used on the patio. Even a teeny tiny breeze will blow out a candle, so I have to surround my candles with something.
I bet we're going to be seeing it a lot in different arrangements.

o

What a great find and so perfect for Halloween and Autumn! I want to go shopping with you...you always find the neatest things!

o

Candy, I agree with DG, you really find the best bargains. Those little pumpkin candles for 10 cents each were a great find too. Your rusty metal looks like the real thing, I know there are some paint techniques used sometimes to get the effect of rust. I love all the arms on yours, let's it really fill out the space well. Is it as heavy as it looks?

Luvs

o

This was such a great find..
I love the size and shape of it and can see you using it
with many different 'toppings' to change it. Right now
those Jack candles are perfect.
I think the rust gives it such character too.

jane

o

Hi Ladies,
Yes, it is heavy metal (AR,AR,AR!!)
It is a rust finish, its not actually rusty.

DG, that is what Kath said when I emailed her and asked if she would like to meet and go to lunch. Her response was "no, I want to go TS shopping with you." And she found some china Reed & Barton Christmas salad plates that were beautiful and way less than what she later priced them for on E-Bay.

I think I find such great treasures because I REALLY look at the shelves and then go back and look again, because you miss things the first time through.

I almost never leave a TS empty handed. There is always some treasure wanting to come home with me!

I also shop the sales after the holidays when the stores are clearing things out. That is when I found the .10 candles.

TTFN,
Candy

o

Candy, so glad you took some close up's to share. It is such a neat candleabra and looks great with the pumpkins and fall leaves you added.

Punk

o

Color me green with envy.
Such a nice piece with so many possibilities.

o

Wonderful, Candy! Adding the small jach-o-lanterns was a fantastic idea!!! I really like your idea a lot. TFS!
Lynn

o

>>that is what Kath said when I emailed her and asked if she would like to meet and go to lunch. Her response was "no, I want to go TS shopping with you." <<

And, I hit the thrift store by me this weekend without CC and didn't find one danged thing :) Yep, Candy has that special thrift store touch LOL!
Kath

o

It's a gorgeous candelabra! I definitely love cast iron stuff and am looking for a similar candelabra to add to my dining room. And your set up is excellent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here