Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Look at the goodie I found today...

dreamgoddess
12 years ago

at the thrift store. I've been wanting a birdcage to decorate for quite a while now and I snatched it up very quickly when I saw it. I've got to clean it tomorrow cause it's dusty and a little dirty. I can't wait to get it decorated! I think it's going on top of my fridge when I get it done.

{{gwi:1438231}}

Here's a view from the top. I love how the wires curve and the finial on top of it.

{{gwi:1438232}}

I also have a small preview of my Halloween decorating. I'm almost finished decorating, just have a few more things to do. I wanted a set of Halloween burner covers to go on my stove, but they're almost impossible to find for Halloween. So, I decided to make my own.

{{gwi:1438233}}

I was really pleased with how they turned out and now I'm a happy little witch!

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Wonderful find on the cage! I can't wait to see it decorated. And those burner covers! Wow, you made them huh? I don't think you could have bought cuter ones, so am glad you never found any. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

loving the bird cage and you did a great job on the stove covers - you are quite talented there :) .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Dream, The bird cage was great find, the possibilities for decorating it are endless.
    You did a wonderful on the burner covers.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Very cool birdcage...lookin' forward to seeing your holiday pics for the season! Such fun, isn't it! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

You found a really cute birdcage--you know what they way about "good things come to those who wait". ;o) Great job on your burner covers--hand painted or decals? Really cute designs. Luvs

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

DG, lovin the birdcage! Isn't it great when we find a treasure at the TS and it is something for which we've been searching??

Great job on the burner covers! Are they window clings??
    Too cute!

So glad you found a goodie to share and such a cute one too! Have fun decorating it and please show us when you get it done.

TFS,
    Candy

• Oakley
    12 years ago

I am so jealous over the bird cage! For Christmas you ought to put a pretty Redbird in it with Holly and snow. IF the cage is still there because I may have to come take it. :)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Dream, your new birdcage is wonderful. So glad you found it while shopping. With your decorating talent, it will be fun to see how you decorate it for the holidays. I hope to get one of mine finished this evening.

Fanastic job creating the Halloween burner covers for your stove. Use chose some pretty cute designs. Love the Bling on them.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

That's a great cage. SO many uses! Hansel and Gretel for Halloween! :)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I love your new birdcage..can't wait to see it decorated.
    I know you'll do something special.
    Great stove burners...so festive for the kitchen.
    Very clever that you made them.
    jane

• neesie
    12 years ago

Excellent bird cage! I'm sure you could find a good bird at Joann Fabrics or Michaels. I'm headed out there today to pick up a blackbird for my porch.

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

I have that same cage in my patio.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions