Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Duck Season Table

christmascandy
10 years ago

I found some cute duck napkin holders and a duck plant pot, so...I set a table for duck hunting season. LOL

The candyshot:

the centerpiece:

The flatware was not a thrift store treasure, but the rest of the table is all TS finds, except the greenery in the duck CP was from the box I bought at a GS a couple of years ago and the chargers were clearance at WalMart a couple of years ago.

I'll probably keep that tablecloth on for a Halloween table next.

I have been gone for a week to San Diego to visit the newest DGD. She is now a month old and absolutely beautiful!! I forgot my camera (put it on the charger before I left so it would be fully charged for the trip, then left it, AARGH) so have to rely on others for pictures, but I'll post one soon.

Happy Hunting,
Candy

Comments (8)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing this pretty table, Candy The colors are so soft and seasonal.
    The duck looks nice and safe in his blind. The napkin rings were a great find.
    Once again a great Candy shot.

Congratulations on you new DGD. what is her name?
    Nana

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, the orange and green color combo on this table is so pretty together. I also like the way you carried out white candle holders to match the plates. I don't own a plain orange tc so have to keep shopping for one of those.haha

Sweet you found the duck plant holder and napkins rings to match. Shots are going off as I sit here. We have a wheat field behind us so the hunters are lovin' that. The charger plates are great with the autunm leaves and acorns. Still haven't seen mine for awhile.hmm

Another grandbaby! So happy for all of you. Sad you forgot to throw the camera in. I've been there, done that. Hopefully you'll see her over the Holidays and be able to share photos with us.Congrats!!!

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, her name is Shaylin. She is the first of my step- grands to be a brunette!! All the others have been towheads! She is #11!! 5 for me and now 6 for DH!!

We have lots of pictures, but none that I can access yet to post. The fact that I put the camera on the charger the night before and we got up at 5AM to catch our flight had a lot to do with leaving the camera behind!! LOL I am not a morning person and don't think very clearly that early!

No hunting around here, other than me at the thrift stores, LOL!
    But, I have been waiting to use the plates and the ducks so it seemed like a good time to set that table.

TTFN,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Well I'm very relieved no hunting there! I like ducks....alive and quacking. Such a neat table idea, and really colorful.

Can't believe you forgot your camera. Can understand this "morning thing" tho. LOL.

Shaylin is a beautiful name and I'm betting she's equally beautiful. How fun to have a brunette in the bunch of towheads. Going to be lots of great photos ahead of them together.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Your pics are very small here for some reason, candy ... so I have my nose to the screen (LOL) .... the place settings looks awesome...I think we all bought those clearance leaf chargers @Walmart ...they are so cool!

Love the little napkin duck rings ~~ cute as can be on those gorgeous plates! Your centerpc is beautiful ... just don't be serving 'duck soup!' ;-) TFS, candy. ~~Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks ladies.

I save my pictures and resize them using paint.

I also post on the H G T V decorating site and if I don't size them down to 300 X 225 pixels they won't post and sometimes even then they are too large. I don't understand it as some of the pictures posted on that site are huge, but mine won't post unless they are tiny. ????

I'll try making it bigger.

Candy

• maximavswife
    10 years ago

I just love your dishes Candy! I have the same flatware and it is one of my very favorites :-) The duck centerpiece is such a fun find. Just read about the new DGD! She is a beauty! I am looking forward to welcoming Grandbaby #2 the first part of December. I won't get to meet him/ her until Feb though as they are in MI. But, based on your recent experience, I will set a reminder to NOT forget my camera LOL!

Kath

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Thanks for the larger pic, candy...it is just a gorgeous table! Love everything you do in t'scaping! ;-) Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions