Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

My limited Halloween Decorating

milosmom_gw
12 years ago

This year, the motive is to "keep it simple" and doing that I am.

I won't be doing Halloween this year as in years past. Part of this because DH has to work that night and my son has moved out so it doesn't so the same "fun". That aside,Mickey will still be under crate rest at that time and protecting him from excitement is very important.

I have a plan in place and HOPE it works out.

In doing that, I kept the indoor decor down quite a bit from years past as well but couldn't let it slip by entirely.

The china cabinet : (Goodness love DH , he put the lights in it as my anniversary gift, YAY)

The table:

And the sidecabinet:

Comments (10)

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Well Done!!
    It is all quite spooky, LOL
    I really like the candleabra on the side table!

Glad you felt up to doing this as it is full of clever ideas as usual for you. I just bought some of the black creepy cloth to use this year. I like how you used yours.

So nice of DH to light up your cabinet for the displays.

Happy Halloween!
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

The china cabinet looks so neat lit up....hug that DH, what a nice gift! I love how you decorated it. And the table, and the side cabinet.
    For a less is best approach this year, I think you did it wonderfully. I need to take lessons from you ;o)

How is Mickey doing? Did you try one of those Kong toys to entertain him in the crate? I sure hope things get back to normal for him soon, its hard when they don't understand WHY they are crated and can't know we are doing it because we love them and need to protect them sometimes..from themselves!

hugs, Karen

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Candy :).
    Karen: TY.
    Mickey is doing very well considering. It's been 3 weeks today and he's getting a bit grumpy but still holding steady. I didn't give him one of the Kong toys as I know he'd make the biggest mess you can imagine. lol
    Instead I bought him one of those roll around toys you put treats in and they have to work to get them out. He really likes it and doesn't really overwork himself to get them out like I figured he would. He plays with it for a bit, then gets tired and goes to sleep.
    He's gotton down a good routine now (out of crate, get leash on , get big drinks, go outside to business, come back in , shop toy box - pick toy of choice, and back to crate, yell for cookie - take nap). He does better if we're not in the room with him so I've resorted to living in other parts of the house. It tears me up that he's in the living room alone, but I tried that and he got sooo worked up wanting out that no more of that. :(
    He goes back on the 14th for the last shots and we do this all over again for at least 4 more weeks and then hopefully!! he's healthy and free from jail on Nov 12th.
    Thank you for asking about him :).

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

I want lights in my cabinet. Send that guy over!

Love the table. Especially like the nasty netting spread over the tablecloth. I think it "makes" the table setting.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

MM, Your china cabinet looks so nice all lit up. Great guy you have there! I love your table and sideboard, they are spooky and elegant.
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, the 'lights' & the silver & white sure make great Halloween decor in your cabinet (nice anniversary gift!)

As always I am so impressed w/how you decorate your side cabinet w/your t'scaping! Love the ht. of that candleabra & the shape...even the touch of orange spiders! Ewwwww!

Your table looks fun & scary, too! The gauze stuff is perfect! All the layering of your 'linens' on both tables looks good! And your centerpc pumpkin even has a kind of scary look! Oh, a fun place to be for Halloween! You did good! TFS, MM! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh MM your DH did a great job! The lighting in the cabinet is perfect for Halloween..everything looks so dramatic!
    Love the color choices for your table - another dramatic look. I like how the black gauze looks with your plates & chargers..and who could resist a traditional CP - with a Jack'O....perfect!
    As always I enjoy your sideboard - always looking different. That candleholder is so unique and takes center stage...great job on everything.
    jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

MM, beautiful job on your china cab. I really like the black, white and just a hint of color.NICE! It's even nicer now that you can light it up. Congrats on your 1 yr anniversary.

Love the colors of your ts. The black plates are so fancy and look great on the black creepy cloth. Is your tc yellow or orange? The side board is pretty too. Cute BOO candle cups and candleabra. Pretty color on that pumpkin!

So glad you used your pretty black candle holders. I have a matching set in the closet I bought at Ross or TJ Maxx last year and haven't ever used them.

Give Mickey a couple hugs from me. I'm sure this is hard for both of you.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What can I say that hasn't already been said? You certainly pulled off the "less is more" thing just great! Love your display in your lighted cabinet--shows them off so well. I really like your chargers and your creepy cloth on the table and your side table goes with it all just perfectly. So fun to see too, thanks for sharing. Luvs

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk : The tc is actually yellow. Everything around it is so bright it washed it into orange I'm afraid (even in person). Not my actual intention but so it goes.
    Mickey says thanks for the huggies. He really liked them..lol Such a loveable and special little boy to have been through so much but we've promised him a better life ahead.
    It is hard but we're half way there and have down a repetitive routine now so it's gotton a bit easier. I'm finally sure we're going to make it. *whew*

Sponsored
More Discussions