Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

what a fantastic village display

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I LOVE this idea! If I could still do my sawing and sanding to make wood things, I'd try doing this. It looks fairly simple (when you enlarge the photo of it 'empty').

From the description, it stores easily and holds a LOT.

Gotta love that!

Enjoy,

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Village Display Stand

Comments (7)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I wonder if I could get DH sold on this idea.
    He's looking to 'expand' his display this year because he wants to add a 'Harbor'...
    actually it was oldest Grandson's idea.
    I'm not too thrilled with them taking up more space from the Living Room...
    I just emailed him the site so he can see it for himself!
    It's different looking, but seems to hold a lot.
    TFS
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

What a terrific idea, Karen, it would work well for someone who doesn't have a lot of space.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, this is a neat display. Looks like they disigned it from a wedding cake stand. I'm sure DH could make this but I don't have all the goodies to go with DGD's houses. You do find neat ideas!

Punk

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

that is a fantastic idea - Hubby is definitely going to see this. I had seen one similar but it wasn't as good a close up as this one. This year I am going to empty my curio cabinet and display some of my houses there but I am really loving this idea for the future - Thanks for finding it Karen :) .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lynne, the last couple of years I've emptied my huge cabinet that holds my Painted Pony collection (over 100 of them) and put my Village in there. Safe from my Trouble Cat, LOL. But so much work, not sure I'm up to it this year. My legs really hate me making all those trips to get the ponies safely moved to pantry shelves, and village boxes moved to cabinet. Will see how things go, but I might just do a smaller display in another cabinet and leave the Ponies alone.

As for this display stand, it could be made any size and I was thinking a smaller version to fit on a table would be neat too. Her's is 6 ft high I think, 4ft would work good also IMO. I had something similar saved in our Village Inspiration album, but sure do like this one a LOT and easier to see how its done as you said.

hugs, Karen

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

A magnificant idea. Makes me wish I had the space for something like that , (and that I didn't donate my entire village off to my sister , lol).

• arcy_gw
    12 years ago

Last year we used a book case. It isn't a very full book case so it was easy to take the contents from the book case and put it all in the box the village came out of. Swapping really keeps the storageroom requirements at bay!

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions