Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Some Halloween purchases

luvstocraft
13 years ago

When Lynn shared her finds from Dollar General, I recognized some of them as the same things I had just bought at DT that day. I pulled them out this morning and snapped their picture to share with all of you.

I figured you would want to see a closeup of this piece. I thought it was neat--perfect for a "witchy" black/white tablescape.

Then here are my finds from a quick TS stop made while out with a friend the other day. Also found a couple items to use as part of a Halloween costume for little GD that are not in the pic. The cauldron and four little ones were $1.49. I'll probably do some lettering on the big one and put some florals and the witch silhouette in it. Little ghost and cat items were under $1 and the little witch hat was only 78 cents.

Now someone tell me why on earth I am buying more stuff when my little storage area is already stuffed!!!!

Luvs

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Because you CAN'T RESIST!
    Cute things Luvs. Love the black & white sign, and the witch's hat..and darn all of it!
    You know each year they're going to put out more cute things that we can't resist...so just give in and do your best to find a place to store it!
    Do you have an attic? lol

jane

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

That all looks like fun, Luvs. I'll echo Jane--you can find a place for it!

Hope to see these things later in a decorating pic.

- Magpie

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

You are not hurting anyone by buying so why not!
    When dh complains I tell him what I bought does not add up to what he has spent on a glass of wine when we go out over the years! I don't drink, but I shop! :)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lots of cute things you found, Luvs. U buy them because they are simply irresistible and you deserve them.haha

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are all so RIGHT and so WONDERFUL! So sweet of all you "enablers" to help me justify my purchases! LOL I tell him he is just lucky that I discovered "treasure shopping", Dollar Tree, and the 99 cent stores or it would be costing allot more! LOL

Jane and Magpie, I am sure you are right--I will find someplace to stash it all after the holidays are over. In fact I spent an hour or so clearing out another shelf in my hallway linen closet (it's never seen linen, but that's what I call it.) Already have the bottom two shelves stacked to the brim, so now trying to clear out at least one more shelf to use for more fun decorating goodies!

Finding cute things at bargain prices is just so much fun--and yes "irresistable". ;o)

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Cute things and you can't beat the price! Your little DGD will enjoy seeing your Halloween decorations a lot. You can always tell DH you're doing this stuff for HER, might be an easier pill for him to swallow. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh boy, luvs...you are having wa-a-a-y too much fun! Lookin' forward to these wonderful Halloween displays coming! KNowing they will be CUTE! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Luvs...I took your advice & added a "Crow" to the old barnwood witch...here she is ...remember this is just an old barnboard & minimal painting...but I did add some lime green to her eyes as you suggested on a thread (somewhere)...couldn't find it, so added to your Halloween one. Thanks, Luvs!

{{gwi:192384}}

Went ahead & put her out in her spot today by the walk-in garage door...no pumpkins yet ...but a couple gourds from the garden. I like the changes...thanks, luvs! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:192386}}

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

How'd I miss this post?

You found some cute things, Luvs. I'm going to go and get 4 mini pots like yours. I think Kathleen used them in a tablescape last Halloween and I wished I had some then.

Jeanne, the is witch great. But you have her standing by that ugly wheel that I hate so much. Why don't you send the wheel to me? That way, your witch won't have to compete with such a rusty old item.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    I could not find the mini witch pots. Can you remember when they were in the store???

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, the top two pictures were Dollar Tree purchases, the last picture was my TS finds when my neighbor and I went for lunch one day. Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

RATS!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, the crow was a perfect addition! (Good idea, Luvs.) And I really like how you made the crow, he's wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Luvs, I like everything you bought.

I totally understand your sense of it being fun and irresistible to get those bargains!! I think it is so much more fun than just going to the store and buying something off of the shelf at full price (except the dollar stores of course!)

TTFN,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I really like the green eyes and the addition of the crow. She is just perfect for that rustic setting with your wagon wheel. (you might want to put a motion sensor or camera to keep an eye on that area--sure sounds like "someone" would like to swoop in for that wagon wheel!) LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions