Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 Tier Metal Stand w/ more pumpkins

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 10 at 23:42

I bought this cream colored metal stand several years ago at one of those shops in an old house where each dealer has a different room in the house.
I'm a total sucker for anything with tiers or levels or compotes!!
The stand collapses flat for storage, like I'd ever put anything away, LOL. The 3 graduated size trays swivel flat and each has a small button that turns over its edge and keeps it level for use. There is a u-shaped bracket on the back that pulls out and acts like an easel stand to hold it up.

The items are a pumpkin tealightholder from GW with the Ross price tag still on it, a pumpkin tureen I found at ARC last year, and a fall basket from another TS a few yrs ago. The metal leaf decor thingy on the side is another treasure shopping find.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The stand is about 30" tall when in use. I can also set it on a table to use if I'm serving a buffet style dinner or appetizers.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 Tier Metal Stand w/ more pumpkins

That's a really neat stand to play with!

<< I'm a total sucker for anything with tiers or levels or compotes!! The stand collapses flat for storage, like I'd ever put anything away >>
Candy, you are way too much like me, and that may not be a good thing. LOL. But I suspect we are surrounded by others here of similar traits.

hugs, Karen

o

That is a neat stand. I especially like the fact that you can easily store it when you want to change the look.

o

Candy, love your metal stand and everything on it. The pumpkin tureen was a beautiful find last year and it looks right at home on your stand this year. What are the red leaves on the right side made of? They sure look neat on this.

The white metal thingy looks like a wedding column for flowers or a plant. Was it already painted like this or did you add your painting touch to it? You are a very busy lady and I sure enjoy seeing all you do. This reminds me I still haven't gotten all my pictures downloaded but still have almost 2 months to accomplish that task.

Punk

o

Karen and OA,
I move the stand around and have used it for buffets, but I never actually put it away. I just change the decor.

Punk,
The red leaves are the metal thingy. They are metal, painted with an enamel paint, and the metal wire they are on is about the same weight as a wire coathanger, The metal is fairly lightweight, I have to avoid bending it unintentionally.

The white column in the background came that way, it is a plaster type of material, about 36" tall, and is holding a live spider plant.

TTFN,
Candy

o

A beautiful pc to work with, Candy...can see why you don't put it away...quite versatile for decorating! I also like the metal leaves thing-y that you added on the side. That pumpkin tureen is a great find, too! And your flower/basket arrangement is lovely. I LOVE Fall...isn't it fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I like tiered stands too, and this one makes a perfect place to display your pretty pumpkins for fall. I would not have guessed that the leaves were metal--they are very pretty and easier to shape that way too! So fun to see all your nice fall decor. Luvs

o

Layers or tiers of anything is always better when is comes to decorating in my book. This display turned out great. You are lucky to have an ARC near by. My DS shops there all the time in Chicago.
Frou

o

That was one great find, Candy . . . but I've come to realize that you seem to be a magnet for great finds. I love the versatility of that stand and being able to use it for a buffet with food makes it even more appealing.
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here