Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Going Away Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

DGD came to see me and brought some faux breads from Pier 1 to decorate a table today. My DF had given me these plates and more so thought I would do a going away dinner for her tomorrow evening and use some of my rewards for helping her. She also gave me the 2000 Millennium wine glasses with stars for my tables.

This is the start before the soccer game.

After the game we continued on. You can see her faux loaf of bread on a platter I painted for DSIS and she has never taken it home. Also the other plate of goodies DGD brought. She loves doing tables with me.

This is a teapot given to me by another friend. She bought herself the whole set. It's Portmeirion, The Botanic Garden by Susan Williams Ellis. This shows the candles lit tonight.

I had bought the pink placemats at Dillard's on sale. Reg price $6 ea. sale price $1.80.

This picture shows the Oneida, Strawberry Plaid plates w/o the salad plate. DD fell in love with these so I may end up giving them to her.

Will miss DF but she wants to be with her sister in CA. She is my sister's MIL, so will be missed by alot of us here. The upside is, she will be back to visit.

Punk

Comments (9)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

This table is beautiful!! I love the layers and the colors. How fun that you have someone who enjoys doing the tables with you.

Those strawberry plaid plates are awesome!!
    What a lovely way to say farewell.

What I can see of your platter looks like another masterpiece.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry your DF is moving, but its good she'll back for visits at least.
    Your table is very pretty, and those strawberry dishes are wonderful. But my favorite is that lovely tea pot the pink roses are in!

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Very lovely table Punk..
    What a beautiful pattern and the colors are very striking.
    I agree that the teapot is very lovely too.

Sorry to hear your friend is leaving.. but what a wonderful
    gift she gave you to always treasure.
    It's nice to know tho that she'll be back for visits,
    and with the internet..you can be in touch daily!

jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Candy, thanks and it will be fun to see what DGD keeps coming up with for our tables. Friday night she made us come back to her car so she could get my treat. It was a Butterfinger candy bar and I ate the whole thing and she made sure papa, her mom and dad all knew it. The bread tray is a long way from a masterpiece and is the first rose tray I painted. I really like these dishes to and still so grateful they're mine.

Karen, I really like this tea pot and the reason she bought me one is because I didn't own ONE at the time. They always drink hot tea with dinner and they are nice to have.

Jane, she is 84 and does not own a computer. She still bowls a few times a week and is an avid reader. I can call and my sister will keep me up on how she's doing. As sis says, she's only 4 days at the most from coming back home any time.

Thanks for all your comments tonight ladies.

Take Care My DF.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

punk...this is a precious table that you & DGD created! First, because it's a celebration of a friendship & family ... & second, because it's created with "love!"

That teapot is such a lovely pc in itself...what fond memories you have when you use it in your home. And those plaid plates are just plain FUN!...can see those for a summer 'scape, too...during strawberry pickin' time on a summer 'scape. Lots of wonderful pcs on your table!

And, so cute, that DGD brought you the faux breads ... & fun to see how you tog. used them on this table. She must be quite a sweetie! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What more can I say that hasn't been said???? I agree with all of the above comments. Love those pretty plates and your teapot. Hope you have a wonderful meal at this pretty table. Your little GD sounds precious, and it sounds like she really takes care of her Gramma too! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, thanks, I'm getting braver to use expensive dishes on my tables. When I first received the tea pot, you couldn't of paid me enough to set it out. I have so many dishes from friends and family that I'm thinking I should make a dish diary so I can keep track of who gave me what.

DGD is very special. She called me today to see if she could have a new pair of shoes. You know I said YES, if you can find a new pair you like have mom buy them. She apparently didn't find what she liked because she didn't show me any new ones.LOL

Luvs, we had grilled steak, baked potatoes, tossed salad and corn on the cob for dinner. This is one of my main meals I serve this time of year.

It was nice to spend time with DF. We will finish loading in the morning and her DD and her will head out in the U Haul. Her DD and I ran around alot during HS so will be great to spend alittle time with her too.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, The table is just lovely, The dishes are so pretty and the teapot looks wonderful with the pink roses in it. Your DGD must be a joy. I'm sorry that your DF is moving, but I'm sure she will have a good life being with her sister.
    NanaKaren

• jaybird
    13 years ago

DGD's are the greatest!!!
    Beautiful table.

Sponsored
More Discussions