Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Leaning Toward Fall Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

I went out to the garden so I could add some real peppers to my table and they aren't big enough. So there won't be any fresh chili peppers but used my chilli pepper napkin rings any way.

I bought some little pumpkin s & p shakers and my flowers for $3.49 at Ross today so added them to my table. I played with my mirror as a centerpiece for a change.

I also bought some Turkey plates at TJ Maxx like someone on here has.

Punk

Comments (17)

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Your table turned out beautiful Punk, even without the peppers.
    Two major thumbs up for the centerpiece!! love it sitting on the mirror. Job well done.
    Fall must definatly be on the mind , I put away the lighter colors around here and bought the same little s/p shakers today. :)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all your sweet comments on this table. Will be fun seeing my matching pumpkin S & P shakers on your table.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Sure Punk, set up a Fall table so you can make the rest of us trying to 'Hang' on to Summer..feel guilty!!
    Actually, the mornings here now, are starting to feel a bit
    'nippy'..(in the '50s.) and, I don't like it at all...
    Your table is very nice and 'Fallish'...
    I like the look of your centerpiece on the mirror. I have to try that sometime...
    Those S&Ps are cute and I can see you using them for several tables this Fall.
    I like your hurricanes and stems too.

jane

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Punk, your table is so pretty and I love the mirror you used. I'm also in the mood to start setting Fall tables. Just got to get in the mood to pull everything out!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

How attractive! I'm beginning to get into a Fall-ish state of mind too. Mornings and late evenings have started to cool off.

Those clear dishes that sit on top of the dinner plates have such a great design. I'm assuming, by the itty-bitty fork on the left, that you had shrimp, right???

Cute chili pepper rings! Wherever did you find those?

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Beautiful table (I love the mirror idea) and shrimp too????
    WOW!!!
    Thanks for posting and telling me that it is fall... It's still 90+ degrees here :>(

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Beautiful!
    I guess I am going to have to move to fall, cause it is getting down to 40's and 50's here at night, :(

I love the S & P's, and the shrimp cocktail, YUMMM!

TFS,
    Candy

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

LOL, Jane! I know what you mean, these gals here are starting to make me feel a bit guilty, too!
    Pretty table, Punk! I like the combination of ivory roses with the orange nasturtiums (?). Adding the mirror was a good idea, too.
    BTW, I think many of us will be showing those turkey plates you mentioned, as I bought some a few weeks ago, too ;^D
    Lynn

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

LOL @ Lynn... I too bought those Turkey Plates at HG last month!!
    Guess we'll be seeing how differently we all set them up!

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

That's such a pretty mirror you used, Punk. And the flowers are the perfect touch to set off those cute s&p's too. You always seem to have just the right color tablecloth--I really need to find more nice colors for my tables too. Glad you had some time to play with your dishes, and hope your DH is feeling better as well. TFS Luvs

• yachter123
    13 years ago

I love the orange & white centerpiece. I think fall depresses me because most of the colors are rather bland & dark.

So, you made my day, a fall table with pretty, bright colors!

I'm also trying to hang on to summer, after our beautiful 2 week vacation in the sun & sand, how can I come home to my front yard grass DEAD, tomato plants dying, and the nites getting down into the 50's?

I told my family I'm going to wear shorts & flip flops to the stores in the snow this winter & pretend I'm still in Florida! They said "YOU ARE NUTS"! Ok, so I am!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I do love fall colors...the golds, oranges, browns & copper! I guess that's why I collect "Autumn Leaf" which I've showed before...sample pic below. So I like how you've used the pumpkin S&P shakers on your table along with those pretty plates...your flower arrangement with the whites combined with the pumpkin color roses is pretty. TFS, punk. Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So I made some of you start feeling a little guilty, huh? I couldn't be happier if that's what it's going to take to see more tables, decorations and vignettes.LOL

Jane, glad you like the mirror and it is fun to photograph. I think I will be looking for some more to play with on my tables.

Dream, I hope you will start pulling out the fall decorations. I always enjoy seeing what you create.

OA, one would think with the little forks that we had shrimp but we seldom use the tables I set.LOL I got the forks and napkin holders at a ys last year. The little dishes on the plates are heavy but do have a nice design from above now that you mention it. Thanks

J, I want to come and see you and enjoy the sun with you. We haven't been seeing much of that lately. If it was 90 here, I wouldn't be thinking fall either, I'm sure. Some have lost their gardens to frost already.

Candy, your weather sounds like ours right now. I think you are thinking fall with your darling scarecrow place card holders you just made. They are the cutest.

Lynn, thanks and to funny that you bought the same dishes. Did you buy the brown or the ones with the pink flowers? Mine have the pink flowers on them.

Jane, which set of plates did you buy? I bought a set of four salad and four dinner plates. It will be so fun to have different tables with the same dinnerware. Hope I have time to get creative.LOL

Luvs, I have bought alot of different tablecloths since I started doing tables. I want to start buying more with patterns after seeing the more colorful ones posted on here. You have taken me to a whole new world by getting me hooked here and I like it!!! Thanks

Yachter, the centerpiece had the ivory roses and green hydrangeas when I bought it. After I discovered I didn't have chili peppers to add to my table, I added the orange nasturtiums to help blend my table. So glad ot worked and my table brightened your day. After all your fun in the sun, I can understand you not wanting to think blah colors... I actually love all the fall colors but not the cold.

I hope you wear your flip flops this winter if you can keep from freezin' your little toes off.haha I have given up on capri and short season but if it hits 70 again, you can bet your little bippy, I'll be back in them for the day.

Jeanne, I too love fall and your Dishes. The dishes I used on my table are Essential Home. They get hot in the microwave so we don't use them much.

Thanks everyone for all your sweet comments. I started on my other fall decorations tonight and will post a few pictures on the fall decorating post.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Pretty table, and like the others, I really think your centerpiece is wonderful.

Jeanne, your autumn dishes are "light and bright" and very attractive. Bet Yacht thinks so too. :o)
    One reason I love Fall (and Christmas) is the dark colors associated with them. But when I see things on here that I wouldn't have thought of using, I find I'm drawn to a LOT of things now.
    Thanks to this Forum, I've "gone thru the change". LOL.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Yachter, I was laughing to myself just picturing you in your shorts and flip flops--in the snow! LOL One year, my DS went to Kansas in November. He was just doing some computer work in his hotel room and got hungry. So he ran out to a fast food place where you could walk up to the window, wearing shorts and flip flops. The guy at the window took a look at him and said "Your aren't from around here are you?" ;o)

Karen, I think all of us have enjoyed seeing and trying new things and different color combinations since joining in here. I've found myself interested in things that I never even thought about before--like napkin folding, names of dish mfg.,names of unusual shaped bowls, etc. Sure has broadened my world and I love it! ;o)

Punk, I think I'm gonna need a good kick in the pants to get me out in the shade pulling out all the Fall decor! Can't wait to see your decor,--you little energizer bunny you!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, thanks for the comments. I hope this forum gets me through the CHANGE!!! Oh, wrong change...

Luvs, I agree I have changed what I like after seeing all the different combos on here. Here's your kick in the butt to get to movin' on the Fall decor. I had to work today for a few hours and haven't done much besides get some of my fall decorations out and play.

I remember you telling that story about your son. The funniest thing I ever seen when working at the grocery store a little gal came over in her pj's to get some milk.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It looks very leaning towards Fall! Love those napkin rings!
    Hanging on to summer for one more week here!

Sponsored
More Discussions