Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT...a little brag

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Today is (one of) my grand-daughter's 10th birthday. Last week, when family and friends asked her what she had on her 'wish list', she said money.....

so she could donate it to Halo Animal Rescue!

This afternoon Maddie took $325 to them, along with some dog and cat food, pet toys, and a couple of little pet beds. She stayed awhile and visited with the dogs and cats up for adoption, and wants to go back to do that again.

I am REALLY proud of her!

Just had to brag.

hugs, Karen

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, what a sweeet request!!! So glad Maddie was able to fullfill her BDay wish. I hope she returns soon to play again with all the lonely animals.

This is such a wonderful contribution from a child to the Halo Animal Rescue. I wouldn't be surprised if you see an article in the paper about this one.

Someone has raised that child right for sure. Glad you shared this with us. Love hearing stories with Happy Endings and this is one for sure.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Some of her Gr'ma has apparently rubbed off on her ...
    a giving person & animal lover! TFS! Jeanne S.
    Happy B'day Maddie!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, what a sweeet request!!! So glad Maddie was able to fullfill her BDay wish. I hope she returns soon to play again with all the lonely animals.

This is such a wonderful contribution from a child to the Halo Animal Rescue. I wouldn't be surprised if you see an article in the paper about this one. Someone has raised that child right for sure. Glad you shared this with us.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, All. When Maddie has gone to Petsmart with her Mom (and 7 yr old sister), she often sees Halo there with rescues for adoption. I guess she's talked to the people there. Maddie is always wanting to learn about stuff, especially animals. (We call her "Webster" as she just inhales knowledge on all kinds of subjects. She loves Discovery channel. And books.)

I'm sure her Mom will take her back there to visit the animals and give them attention. (their small shelter, not Petsmart). My daughter has two big dogs, a Lab and an Akita, but they can't have a cat with them. However the girls come here to see mine. (Plus Jason's wife has 2 cats and three dogs). So we all love animals, tho I am bit over the top about it. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday to your wonderful granddaughter!
    Maddie is a thoughtful young lady.
    Maybe she will become a veterinarian.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

That is really commendable that she would want to give to help the animals instead of getting things for herself. I can sure see where her love for animals and generous spirit came from--what a great example you are for her. Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

How wonderful...brag away!
    I agree that Maddie certainly takes after you in so many ways!
    What a generous caring heart this sweet girl has.
    You all must be so proud of her.
    I'm sure this will be a special and memorable birthday for her in many ways.
    jane

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

I have no idea what happened to my original post - I was sure I responded to this earlier today but anyway.......What a very sweet gesture from your granddaughter - you have every right to be proud of her. She will be blessed many times over if she keeps that giving attitude through life

Happy Birthday Maddie .....

Lynne

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen
More Discussions