Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Winterfrost 'Dessert Cup Stemware' plus....

jeannespines
12 years ago

Remember my Winter dishes that I have t'scaped a couple yrs now...

well DH & I stopped at GWill on a rainy day this wk & look what I found ... 4 dessert cup stemware for $1 ea!!! I almost jumped up & down! I know my eyes lit up! LOL!

I'd never even seen the dessert stem before so for comparative pricing I found one on ebay listed for $16.99 ... so I got a real bargain...I'm so thrilled when I find some pcs to add to dishes I love!

Only trouble is Good Will prices their wares w/magic marker on the bottoms & someone must have used 'permanent' on these! I usually can get pricing off w/Dawn soap..not so here...so Googled & tried rubbing alcohol...they still show a little bit...also glassware is hand wash only...Any other ideas?

Been very busy (vacationing), visiting GK's & trying to play catch-up & shopping w/friends (tough life, uh?) ...so not much decor done but did get a couple things to post ...I LOVE TJMaxx ...& saw this 72" runner ($16 instead of retail $30) which I will use w/my new (old) Stuebenville Woodfield plates & cups I've posted before...aren't the colors lovely...& I thought a good match for these salmon colored plates!

And I spent $6 on some sale $1.27 stems at Ben Franklin yesterday w/friends...added to this basket & round placemat...the owl I got at TJMaxx for $5 ...gold-colored glass (they also had red, green) kind of like Christmas ornies but heavier! I think 'owls' are back in this yr! LOL!

Lots of outside work to do ...so will be working on Fall decor for awhile, too! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (11)

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

And she scores! I'll bet your heart was just racing when you spotted the dessert cups Jeanne! I love the runner and it is perfect with the salmon plates and cups. I agree, owls must be still "in" because I have been "spotting" them everywhere though not as pretty as the one you found.
    Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Terrific finds Jeanne..those dessert cups are beautiful. I'm so happy you spotted them.
    I've got a couple of suggestions for cleaning that marker off...try either WD 40 or Goo Be Gone.
    They seem to work on most anything...espec the WD 40.
    Good Luck.
    Great buy on the leafy runner - a pretty addition for your Stuebenville.
    Are those 'straw flowers' in the basket? My mother used to buy them every Fall..and I love how they look.
    You found some nice things and it will be fun to see how you use them.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne...you hit the jackpot! Everything is great and I bet you were doing the Happy Dance all the way back to the car after finding those gorgeous dessert cups, and at that PRICE.

I use Mr Clean Magic Eraser to get markers off glass stuff
    from GW. It also removes the sticky residue that some adhesive tags leave. I love those M. erasers!

I am seeing more owls this year too I think. I'm glad, I like them with autumn decor.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, great finds!! The stemware is so pretty and delicate.
    The runner was made for your Stuebenville plates.
    I like the placemats and the basket of straw flowers. I think the little owl is hoot lol. I've been seeing a lot of owls this year too.
    TFS
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

The owls have been really popular with the paper crafting crowd for awhile now. Gosh, was it the 70's or 80's when so many were collecting them? Your's is a cute size. I am so happy for you finding those dessert dishes to go with your set. Wonderful find at a wonderful price too! Sounds like your DH is very supportive of your "searches" and even joins in--you lucky woman you!

Luvs

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers!

luvs...yes, DH is getting better at shopping...he's not a shopper but he likes to browse antique stores & thrift shops now with me sometimes.

nana...did you ever do a macrame owl? I did! LOL! Am happy to see them in the decor this yr...hope we see lots on our Holiday Forum! What a hoot, yeah!

jane & karen...thanks for those hints on the magic markers...I'll give it a try.

maxi...yes, I did a double take when I saw the dessert stems...& then I turned one upside down & the clear stickers were still attached "Pfaltzgraff" ...yipppee!

I do love the runner...now where I'm going to use it...dining table, countertop or porch table...we shall see...I'm working at it today...& just want you 'Enablers R Us' to know that one WHOLE big drawer of the buffet is now 'napkins!' (eh gads) & I'm working on the 2nd drawer! And I now have TWO big totes in the garage labelled "Fall" where before I joined in this forum, I just had ONE! LOL! Thanks for all your support! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, as usual, I'm the cow's tail here, but with my mom in the hospital, it's been a busy, busy week. Lucky you finding the dessert stems! Love those! To add my 2 cents, you can also try "Pam" or turpentine for the markers. The table runner is awesome!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

SCORE!!! I bet you could hardly wait to get those in your cart! The table runner is perfect for your dishes.

Another hint: hand sanitizer works well on permanent marker. Got that tip from my DGS. He learned it in Boy Scouts, LOL

So glad the forum members were able to "assist" you in your acquisitions!
    My fall collection has also grown since I joined here!
    I like it until Thanksgiving night when I have to put it all away so I can start the Christmas decorating.

TFS,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Fantastic finds - esp the desert dishes. I love it when I can add to an existing collection of dishes. I was able to add to my Plaftzgraph Christmas collection last year with a flea market find - a tiered desert server so I know how happy it makes you to add to yours :) - love seeing all your other goodies TFS .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks marlene, candy & lynne ... Yes, I am excited to have added to my Winter dishes ... about a yr ago or so I found wine glass goblets at a consignment shop & was so tickled!

Thanks for all the hints on removing MMarker, too! I've made a list to try. ;-) I started my Fall decor in the DR & got a TS Fall outfit for Dollbaby...somehow apple decor slipped by this yr (usually in Sept) so she's got some Fall colors now...needs a hat though! Pics coming soon! And doing DR decor, I ended up having to clean out & make room for (too many) linens! LOL! One whole drawer of napkins & another of placemats! Enablers R Us is contagious...I can't pass up $1 or under placemats anytime, anyplace, anymore! :-) Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I think I'm as excited as you were seeing your new dessert stemware! They will be so fun for you to use soon. Your new runner is perfect for your Stuebenville Woodfield dishes too. OK, I'm ready for you to set us a table using these.LOL

The basket w/flowers and owl on the placemat is a neat vignette together. So happy you found all these neat things while out shopping.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions