Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oktoberfest Table

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 22:57

Wow! You gals have been busy :-) We just finished our summer trade shows and user conference so I can play with tables more often. Since the 22nd is the beginning of Oktoberfest and DH is half German, I had to set a festive table :-)

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Oktoberfest Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oktoberfest Table

Wonderful table, Kathe.
The colors are great and I especially like the Beer Steins and Apple Cider Tureen.
TFS
Nana

o

Kathe: My visiting has been limited but I'm attempting to catch up now. :)
Beautiful setting!! I love that you left the table in it's bare wood state, complimenting the colors of the plates very well. The centerpiece is fabulous with just the right amounts of each component.
Love the tureen and how it fit into the scheme.
Very nice!

o

Kathe, what a fun table for Oktoberfest. Bet it's a fun, wild time for all who celebrate. Your new tureen and steins are so neat.

Great buy on the hurricanes and they look great decorated. My sis grows hops but hasn't brewed any that I know of. At one point I was going to get some starts but haven't yet.

Punk

o

Kathe, your tablescape is great, love the bold colors and what a neat find on that tureen! I like how you used the two napkin colors together and the centerpiece turned out really nice. What a perfect touch your DH's hops were for it. Enjoy!

Luvs

o

I missed this post, kathe...a lil' behind lately! Love the 'steins' you were given! Very cool...but that centerpc is so unique ... love the idea of an Oct fest table...my DH & I were stationed in Germany many yrs ago ...so I learned 1st hand about Oct. fests! Like the burlap for the linens, too & your DH's homegrown hops! Wow! Jeanne S.

o

I can hear the festive music and smell the 'hops' from here Kathe! You really captured the festive feeling of
Oktoberfest with all the bright colors and those wonderful steins. I think that German
apple cider tureen was worth sneaking early out of work. It's quite an impressive piece and makes a statement as a CP.
I went to an Oktoberfest many years ago with German friends, and enjoyed every minute of it...Your table
reminds me of that fun time.
jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here