Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Solheim Cup Table

christmascandy
12 years ago

I created this table for the Solheim Cup that the US Women's Golf Team was competing for in Ireland.

I tried to post it earlier, but my computer wasn't cooperating, : (

Maybe it knew something! LOL

The little flags were from WalMart last spring, and the S & P's are heirloom.

The lady golfer CP is one I found at a consignment store.

The melamine golf plates and golf motif glasses were TS finds. The green napkins were TS as was the straw placemat under the CP. Also, the little golf balls in the center of the napkins were HL after christmas clearance a couple of yrs ago. The birdie dish, and the golf coasters I used around the votive candles, the golf candle and holder were also TS a few yrs ago.

The green placemats are several years old, and the flatware was a Christmas present last year.

Unfortunately, my tribute didn't work as Europe won the cup, : (

Candy

Comments (9)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

What a nice tribute!
    You must have enjoyed setting up this one.
    Leave it to you to find so many fun items to put this table together - perfectly!!
    Love - Love that CP. She's very unique..
    Is she Metal or a resin cast? She looks quite heavy.
    Great golf plates and golf candles too.
    I can see this being a fun table to sit at after a day on the Golf Course!
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

The golfer centerpc is lovely! I like the mat you used under her also & all the added glitz!

Cute plates, glasses & of course, the placemats & t'cloth are perfectly 'green' for the cause! What fun you had doing this one, uh! A golf pro, for sure! TFS, candy! Very cute! Jeanne S.

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Your creativity is obviously limitless CC.
    I love the centerpiece and how neat that you have so many well fitting pieces to go along with it.
    Job nicely done, sorry it didn't work as a good luck charm though.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Not sure what I can add, the others said it so well. I'd have bought that lady golfer in a heartbeat, she's wonderful. And those golf snack plates...WOW. I definitely need one of those for hubby eating in front of his TV. LOL.
    Love the Irish green, really pretty!!

As always, your decorating AND your shopping ROCK !!
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, You have the best ideas and the best TSs.
    The lady golfer CP is elegant and is perfect for this delightful table.
    TFS
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I agree with all the other comments. Those plates are so neat, and your lady golfer made a wonderful centerpiece. The glasses, candle and all the rest are just the "icing on the cake" so to speak. Sorry your table didn't bring the team more luck, but, hey, you tried! Luvs

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

I *heart* that lady golfer in your centerpiece! I agree with everyone else, the plates were an awesome find!

Kath

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Very pretty Solheim Cup Table. Your cp is lovely. Always fun to see what you come up with. Hope GB is growing like a little weed and doing well still.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody.
    I created a long message and it totally disappeared, : (

So, I am just saying Thanks to you all.

Jane, the lady golfer is cast resin, but is very heavy.
    Needless to say, I have a few other pieces that are different and will most likely show up in the future.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County
More Discussions