Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Summer Blues table

christmascandy
12 years ago

I'm feeling a little blue about summer coming to an end. The nights are already cooling down so much and fall is definitely in the air, : ( so I set a table with some blue plaid plates from the thrift store.

The white chargers, plates, tablecloth, napkins, flatware, napkin rings, candleholders, candles, and blue/white bowl are TS treasures.

The blue goblets and silk flowers are DT, and the ceramic ducks are so old I don't remember where I bought them.

I know I should be busting out the fall decor, but I am in serious denial right now.

Anyhow, the table is blue, but fun enough that I am a little bit happier, I guess. LOL

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (10)

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Beautiful table!!! I know what you are saying about fall getting here too quick, where did summer go? Maybe it was like a shooting star, so hot it just burned its self out. I love those plaid dishes and the green napkins pull the green leaves out so good. You do find the greatest things at your thrift stores.
    tfs Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Awww Candy, I'm sorry you are feeling so blue. But that is sure a pretty, and summery, table. Definitely a "feel good" one. Makes me think of summer on a farm, and that is definitely a happy thought.

I wish summer had lasted longer for a lot of you, especially with such a tough winter not that many months ago. It seems kind of unfair. (hope y'all can forgive me for thinking "Hurry Fall" tho. My summers are like your winters, I'm stuck inside most of the time and longing for nice days again.)
    We need to have one of those RV Caravans and travel around the country and always be some place with nice weather so we can play and shop and have fun together. Janey's bus just isn't big enough I'm afraid. LOL

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy this is such a lovely table! The plaid dishes with the floral pattern are so pretty along with the blue stems and candleholders...The tablecloth is a perfect backdrop! Love the touches of yellow & green, and the cute Ducks surrounding your CP.
    I agree...it's so hard to give up Summer...
    We hardly had a Spring, and I think we all remember what a horrible long winter we had and are shuddering thinking of this Winter.
    The trees here are already turning..and I'm just NOT READY to say 'Goodbye Summer' !!

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, this is a pretty table to bring our summer closer to the end. I too love the plaids together on this one. No wonder you used your ducks around the cp. tThey match your cute napkin rings!

So glad you set another great table to share with us.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I love this!! So pretty and inviting....fall will be here soon enough...it's still hot here, so this table is perfect!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Very cute, candy! Love those plaid dishes w/the plaids in the t'cloth!.,..ummm, perfect! And those ducks you added, just cry, 'country!' I also like how you pulled the 'green' out of the plates & t'scloth w/your napkins...looks great! A fun table, not feeling 'blue' at all! TFS! Jeanne S. (

I got 6 light colored denim placesmats today for $6 for all...we're on vacation on a lake in MN but drove to town today for some shopping...fun!) Now the Fall weather is settling in but been 80's here for almost a wk...such is life, uh? Fall must come.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It is still warm here in NY. If you saw the 9/11 ceremonies you could see everyone was in summer clothes. Lots of people down the beach today swimming, so it is still summer!
    I love blue and yellow together, and this table is just wonderful! Great cloth and plates!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, thank you for sharing this pretty table. It makes me feel the warm breezes of late summer.
    The plaid dishes and tablecloth were made for each other.You always find the best things for your tables.
    Love the ducks! Using the green napkins is the perfect touch.
    I feel blue that summer is coming to and end too, but your table helped to cheer me up.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love that pretty tablecloth and your pretty dishes just pop. That "candy shot" is fantastic! I've said it before, but it bears repeating, you have a real knack for finding bargains that go so well together--the napkins, candle holders, candles, bowl,--well, just all of it really went together to make a pretty tablescape.

It was too hot here for a couple weeks, and the heat just zaps what little energy I do have, so I'm glad it is now cooling off a bit too. Not any signs of fall here so far except in the magazines I've been reading! LOL

Luvs

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

That is just a delightful tablesetting - everything matches so perfect. I had those blue goblets in my hand just yesterday but opted not to buy them - they look great on your table ......

Lynne

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks
More Discussions