Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Sweet Corn, Sunflowers, and Watermelon TS

christmascandy
10 years ago

I found these cute sweet corn ceramic plates at GdWl for $2.49 for the set of 4.

I thought they would make a good table using end of summer items. Hence the watermelon bowls, and sunflower CP.

The bird cloche was one I found last spring. I keep changing the flowers for the different seasons.

Literally, every item on this table is a TS find.

I can't believe fall is here already!

Candy

Comments (12)

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Love your corn plates & go so well with the yellow handled silverware. Sunflower napkin flowers are so cute! This is great fall table but would look good for summer too! The plates were a great buy!! You have some wonderful TS's in your area, never find things like that at ours. TFS Jan

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

What a pretty and cheerful looking table! Those corn plates are so cute. I don't think I've ever seen plates like that before. Love the 'Sunny Yellow' mugs and the floral napkin rings too!
    I agree this table would be good for Summer as well.
    I like the color of the flatware..is it bakelite? Looks like it in the photo. The bird cloche CP looks very pretty with the flowers...nice idea changing the look for each season.
    As much as I like the Fall...I hate the fact that Summer is over...went way too fast and seeing your table makes it harder to give Summer up! Let's hope the Winter is
    kind to us this year.
    TFS
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Candy, thanks for sharing this sweet colorful table.
    Sweet Corn,Sunflowers, and Watermelon.
    The perfect combination for a late summer, early Fall table.
    I love the corn plates,and I think it's neat that you are able to use the cloche in so many different settings.
    Like Jane I hate to see summer end.[long sigh]
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Very fun table setting, those corn plates are so cute! What a great find! :)

-SD

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks ladies.
    I always feel slightly depressed when summer ends. I love the long days of sunlight and green grass, sitting on the patio in the shade and reading novels, going to the pool with the DGKs, and of course, playing golf when it is warm/hot!!
    We had no transition. It was record setting heat in the 90's and then: BAM!!! Record rain and flooding!! Today it is in the 50's and it rained all night last night, so the last golf event of my league was cancelled this week and also last week!

I realize I am very fortunate as many around here have lost homes and possessions, so I am grateful for escaping the devastation.
    It is just such weird weather as September is usually some of our best weather, still warm and sunny, but not too hot.

Anyway, I wanted to use the sweet-corn plates and thought the end of summer items were appropriate for this table. With all of the rain, the wild sunflowers around here are quite abundant.

Jane, I also hope for a mild winter.
    The flatware has plastic handles, and is all from the thrift store, so I don't know if it is Bakelite or not.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Candy, I found these pieces at a TS last year and used them on a table. I think they look like your plates.

From 2013-09-23 (by Eye-Fi)

Wanna share?? LOL
    Nana

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, I actually have a set of the corn holders that I made in ceramics decades ago. I do not, however, have the S & P's!!

I was too lazy to dig the corn holder plates out of the cupboard as they are over the frig and I would have to remove the décor on top of the frig to get to them, LOL

We sure could share if we were closer!

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, enjoyed seeing your sweet corn, sunflowers and watermelon ts. So bright and pretty. What a deal on the corn plates. The Candy shot is great!

You and Nana could play alright if you lived closer. I hear ya about not wanting to take down the decor to dig out your corn plates. I think it's only going to get worse too! I have the little corn holders too that would be cute with these dishes.

Your bird cloche is so neat. Have you shared this with the different colors in it? I was just noticing all my bird cages this weekend but didn't pull one out to display.Hmm

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Well, that's a t'scape to make ya smile, uh! Bright & cheery & sweetcorn ...who wouldn't smile about that! I absolutely LOVE sunflowers, too! Great table, candy...shouts Summer in July to me! & that bird cloche is really cute & so versatile for alot of decor ideas, I bet. TFS! Jeanne S

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Yet another delightful table from you...filled with great bargains of course. This is a perfect table to say goodbye to summer with. Everything is sweetcornly wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

Candy, A Perfect table for the end of summer. Love the corn and watermelon dishes. I have some of the individual corn holders, but have never seen the corn dishes. You do find the neatest bargins..You never fail to inspire!

• maximavswife
    10 years ago

Oh I love this table so much Candy! So sad to see summer go as I feel as though we didn't have one because of the move but your table is a wonderful transition!

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals
More Discussions