Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

pretty pumpkin decor

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I am on Michaels mailing list, and just got a neat pumpkin project from them. Metallic paint on pumpkin and glitter on leaves. Unfortunately there is NO way to copy photos off Michaels site, so here's the link to the pumpkins and hopefully you can see how pretty they are.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: pretty pumpkins

Comments (15)

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

love these metallic pumpkins - at our next family craft night in October we had already decided to do metallic pumpkins w/glitter. I am searching for all kinds of ideas and this will be added to our idea list - TFS Karen :) .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Beautiful pumpkins, Karen. I would of never thought to use Mod Podge on the leaves, thanks. I'm so glad you find all these neat things to share with us.

Lynne, hope you will share pictures when yours are finished.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

ooo how pretty. It didn't take you long to get my wheels churning once I made it back. lol
    I'm assuming one could use real pumpkins (or maybe that's what they meant) but I don't like them much [they smell terrible to me] so my mind wandered off to either foam or some other sort that could be used multiple times. hmmm
    Putting it on the list of things to contemplate. :-)

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Checked my trusty ol friend Ebay as soon as I saw this. Found the perfect set of 4 in various sizes ,saw the price and ummm....no. $40.00 + waiting for them to get here from Alaska , yikes.lol
    the hunt will continue however.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Just those 'cheap' faux pumpkins could be turned into these beautiful ones, I bet! Somewhere lately I saw faux ones that you could carve into...I think they were about $4 for a garden medium size one.

These are just GORGEOUS, PM! TFS! I hope whoever tries one shares pics! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I got mine from Michaels, on sale last year. Not sure how many I have and how I plan to decorate, so will see if I have one I can spray metallic. Otherwise I'll just "have" to go shop again.
    darn.....
    LOL

hugs, Karen
    {{gwi:187251}}

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Karen: *unsolicited word of advice ahead*
    Be careful using spray paint if yours are foam. I suppose it depends on the type of foam but I once attempted to spray a white piece for a floral arrangement and the paint melted the foam something pitiful.
    I would imagine the paints in little bottles would be fine though.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Those are really pretty, and I love both the wide ribbon and the glittered leaves. Glad you shared another great idea--they are going on that waaay too long list of ideas! Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I remember you painting the styrofoam, MM. I think the faux pumpkins from Michaels would be ok, I'm pretty sure sure they are what's pictured in fact. But I'll check carefully before I do any spray painting. I can always get the metallic paint in bottles to try this too.

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

I am pretty sure the new Krylon paints and the new foams are pretty compatible - I have seen far too many craft ideas where the faux pumpkins have been spray painted but it is always best to check first.

As for getting the pumpkins - I get mine from Michaels, Walmart, DollarTree and just about anyplace that has fall decorations for sale. I will buy all shapes and sizes cause I like that pile of all kinds of gourds and pumpkins in a display .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Lynne, hope you will take some pics of your family craft night to share with us here. I remember when you did it last year and it looked so fun. Luvs

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

My daughter & I went to pumpkin [patch got 3 in shape of candy corn and painted them cute..

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I haven't seen the candy corn shapes, those sound really cute. Can you post pictures of yours? We'd love to see
    them.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Those are so pretty! I think the pumpkins at Michaels would work, they are more plasticy than foam. The dollar store pumpkins are foamy.

Those would make a beautiful centerpiece.
    Thanks. Karen!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Great idea and the metallic pumpkins look so elegant. Gives me ideas...heck, just repainting mine with pumpkin colored paint would be good since they're getting a little icky looking...hadn't thought of that yet. Thanks for the link and the idea~

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions