Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

A Fall Bear

kirkus
13 years ago

Hi everyone! Just decorated my chainsaw carved bear for fall. Karen, aka Purplemoon, knows all about my obsession for grizzlies! My bear's name is Bart...he was gifted to me by a student and his family when they were moving to California and couldn't take him with them. Bart sits at the entrance to our road into our properety. I've had him for years and love decorating him for the holidays and seasons. This year, I added the shovel and rake head from my junk tool collection. HAPPY FALL! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Oh, the birdhouse in the background came from Jeanne who posts on the Holiday and Garden Junk forums. My family and I received the birdhouse as part of the Garden Junk Forum Secret Santa Exchange! Jeanne spoiled us with her talents!

{{gwi:192079}}

Comments (15)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Bart looks pretty darn pleased with himself in the Fall setting. You know I've always enjoyed seeing him decorated and get a kick out of his expression. Sure looks like he's smiling now. LOL.

Jeanne's birdhouse is another winner. She and her DH sure do create some neat ones. And lucky her, gets the pretty birds to use them. I'm sure you do too. Too hot here for
    the colorful birds I guess. Phoenix just seems to get black, brown, or grey. Darn.

Glad to see you post Bart here, he's a winner!
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Bart looks more like a 'Dapper Dan', all decked out for Fall! What a great display with the pumpkins and cute
    signs...Hope you show him off again for 'Winter'.
    Jeanne's Birdhouse in the background, is the perfect
    compliment for him too.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ahhh, Kirk, I just commented on GJ! Bart is such a welcoming fellow! Love all the goodies you've added to that birdhouse & made it your own (& the good junk on the post, too!) I still feel sorry for the fella that was wearing that hat...hope he was a fast runner! LOL! TFS, Kirk! ...always good to see you & Carol's GJ(art)! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Obsessed with Grizzlies, then you need to come to MT. On US HWY 93 there is a big lighted flashing sign that is telling everyone to watch for them for the next four miles. If that gives you an idea how many are around.LOL Bart is the only kind of Grizzly I want. He looks great and so does all the other decorations.

That Jeanne is so talented and I'm glad you received a bird house with a Griz on it from her. It's perfect for you.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a great outdoor vignette. Love the added shovel and rake, they look good there. I was just looking at some big metal sunflowers at Big Lots the other day, your's look great next to Bart. I was especially interested in that cute sign next to him as well--what cute sayings to welcome fall. I'll bet everyone who drives past gets a big smile on their face just from seeing Bart with his birdhouse and other goodies! Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is an outstanding display, I'm sure Bart is searching for a place to hibernate as I'm typing this. That shovel really ads a lot, as well as the bright pumpkins. I bet it feels like fall there, unlike here.
    Frou

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I've never seen Bart decorated for a holiday or season before, but am now looking forward to (hopefully) many more pics of him! Your display is so pretty and welcoming, Kirk! Love Jeanne's birdhouse behind him, too. It looks perfect there! TFS!!!
    Lynn

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a past picture of Bart on Halloween. I put battery operated votives in the Jack-o-lanterns. ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk (The birds did a number on the rafia on the "Spider Cider" sign! LOL)

{{gwi:192081}}

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Aww, Bart is soooo cute, I've never seen him before either!

What a great entry greater & love how you dress him up for the holidays!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Un bear ably cute! As long as they are not live! :)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Bert's great. Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley though.

It's nice that he doesn't mind wearing hats. Some bears simply wouldn't put up with it!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all of your kind comments! You're the BEST!

Slinkey, here's a picture of Bart in the winter...coming out of hibernation during one of our 2 recent record winter seasons. Poor Bart! I usually dress him up for Christmas (with antlers) and the New Year (with a party hat)! Not those years! LOL

Our family refers to Bart as if he is alive! Our 3 year old son loves him as much as our 23 year old son!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:77300}}

{{gwi:77299}}

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Bart is a great witch, but then he seems to be the perfect character for anything you do with him. I love the photos of him coming out of hiberation...too cute. Tho I remember your record snowfall and nothing cute about what you guys dealt with. You really need to come to Phoenix like other "snowbirds" that time of year. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Bart is too cute. What a fun greeter for all of your guests or just when you arrive home!
    I'm sure he makes all passers-by smile.

TFS,
    Candy

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Bart is a dandy bear!!, and a wonderful welcoming committee!
    Thanks for letting us see the handsome feller'.

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions