Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Fall Table~Brown, tan, Black and Taupe

kathleen_li
12 years ago

Here's my first table for Fall. I wanted to work in the bargain dishes I haven't used till now, and the napkins. I have had them for years and never used them. It was time!

Thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Falling Into Fall

Comments (15)

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

Absolutly stunning!!!
    A whole heap of my favorite colors all rolled in to one. The leaf plates are wonderful and the napkins add just the right touch with the edging along with everything else.
    I won't lie, I always! whine and gripe to thyself about not having a cts everytime you post your oh so well priced nifty finds. lol

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

So beautiful, Kathleen. I love how you used those colors, you really brought them to life on your table.
    I confess to peeking last night and seeing it on BNOP blog.
    I really should comment there for you. I love certain blogs yet just lurk on them.

Like MM says, we who don't have CTS all whine about it. LOL. But someone could give you plastic utensils, a paper plate, and a brown bag and you'd manage a stunning table!
    I still laugh at the great western table you put together a few years ago. You are one of a kind, Lady.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathleen, love the fall colors on this table! Totally agree w/MM's comments. If I had a CTS close I would never have any money.LOL I really like your flatware and it's perfect with the leaft napkin rings.

The wire pumpkin from Michaels is so neat. I have the ugly orange metal ones. Will have to check out Michaels next time I'm in town. Love the acorn pan and napkin rings your giving away. You are going to make a couple of ladies happy soon.

All of your food is amazing.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathleen..another lovely table and right on time for the first day of FAll tomorrow! Lovely color combination.
    I'm green over your $.29 dishes from CTS - I DID NOT see them there!! Super buy - I love their pattern and color. I like the pairing of them with the CTS leaf dishes. Pretty napkin rings too and also love the color of the Pfaltzgraff pitcher. Another great price!
    I'm sure your table has inspired others here besides me, to get going for FAll !
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Your first Fall table is very beautiful, kathleen...the buffalo checked napkins w/gold leaf ring really drew my eyes to the stacked place settings & that beautiful centerpc. I love the 29 ct plates! (awesome find!) Wouldn't thought of black placemat...I would have been using brown...but love the look here with black stemmed glassware & black iron centerpc base.

And, can't forget those individual covered butter dishes...still love 'em! TFS, kathleen! Jeanne S.
    ps...running AC, uh...that's great!...our home is shut up as back to 37 tonight. ;-(

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Kathleen, I hadn't gotten over to your blog in awhile so was so glad you posted here. I loved your first fall table for the year. Those mauve plates are so pretty and such an amazing price! Those napkins are wonderful, glad you finally got around to using them. Just amazes me how all of you Thursday tablescape ladies keep coming up with such wonderful and different tables each week. As usual your food pictures looked wonderful and so yummy. Guess what else I noticed? You have such pretty hand writing, your place cards looked so nice! Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Kathleen, Your table is stunning. The subtle colors have a dramatic effect. You find the best bargains for your wonderful tables. I'm going to 'borrow' your red cabbage recipe. It sounds delicious.
    Nana

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Kathleen - like so many others I am longing for a CTS to open somewhere close by - you gals who have them get so many fantastic bargains

I love everything about your table setting - great fall colors - simple yet very elegant looking - TFS .....

Lynne

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Ladies!
    Jeanne, I couldn't use brown as the dinner plate was a dark brown. I thought a pop of black might work, kind of ground it, and then I used the glasses with the black bottoms.
    I tried a white charger, but it looked funny.

Thanks MM, I love thrifty! Anyone can pay full price, I love the thrill of the hunt!

Jane, They had stacks of those plates when I got them. I had bought the soup bowls a few months ago, not knowing what to do with them, but I liked them.
    They actually look good on a black plate too!
    This week at CTS there was nothing, lots of Halloween cwap.
    Did you see the flyer that emailed today? The velvety mat with the fringe? I got 4 of those, they didn't have the other colors, I got the tan one. It is under the tassel napkin ring in my post.

I can't wait to see if they have anything new for Tgiving or Cmas. I will be going again in Oct. If you get there first, let know!

Lynne, they are spreading, some day you will get one. Check their site, they list where they are and where they are going to open soon.

Nana, I hope you like the red cabbage, it was good. If you don't like it as sweet, cut down on the brown sugar. So much cheaper than buying those jars!

Punk, you can paint your orange ones, this is an oil rubbed bronze color, they have the spray in Walmart.
    Karen, I am glad you look at the blog. I get emails every week from people who are not bloggers, but have questions or comments about one of my posts.
    I am glad to know they are out there!

Thank you, Luvs. I have been doing calligraphy since I was 12! I hope I don't get arthritis so I won't be able to do it!
    I thought of you the other day when I opened the Fall bin, the acorn bells were smiling at me! :) They will be going up shortly!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!! You have the most elegant looking tables and find the neatest dishes at the most fabulous prices!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Gee Kathleen...I guess it's all in the timing at CTS.
    I didn't see the velvety mats either. I was there about a week ago, and yes there was lots of Halloween stuff.
    They changed the store around,(after 10 yrs).. which made it a little confusing finding things ! I heard others complaining about not knowing where things were..so I guess I wasn't the only one who was confused! lol
    I did get 4 fall chargers in a cinnamon color.
    They had three different colors...(similar to the Walmart ones)..with embossed leaves on the rim.
    Let me know when you go again..and what you got.
    jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Kathleen, I think I must have "overdone it" with my obsession with acorns! LOL Of course, I think it's kind of neat that you think of me when you see one now. ;o)

And guess what? My neighbor had a new fountain installed in his yard. I heard them when they got the water started and it has a leaves and ACORNS design on it. I asked him how he knew acorns were one of my favorite things! LOL

Jane, thanks for mentioning the Walmart fall chargers. Our Miss Karen sent me two of them last year and I want to be sure I remember to get them out to use and enjoy this year.

I want a CTS here too--but at least I have Hobby Lobby coming next month!

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Luvs...I had totally forgotten about those acorn chargers!
    Wonder where I put mine? LOL
    Hopefully in one of the bins I AM unpacking tomorrow, to decorate finally.
    BTW, no one on the Forum can look at an acorn now without thinking of you. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Very pretty table.
    Kind of hard to see though since my eyes turned green over those great buys you got. LOL
    Once again, sure wish we had CTS, : (

Candy

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Candy and Marlene.

Candy you have World Market? And Hobby Lobby? We don't have those.

Jane, i bought those chargers in the silver and gold. I liked the edges. I shouldn't have, I already have silver and gold!

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia
More Discussions