Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

fall table

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

Hi I found these pumpkin colored place mats for a dollar each so I had to play around, The dishes we use at the holidays. The stemware was a wedding gift in 1961. Not quite antique but a little vintage like me lol. I tried to mix and match the bowls but I think I like the green better. The salt and pepper shakers were as much as the placemats I think they are cute. This was my first attempt at a tiered arrangement it took forever! NanaKaren

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You did great on your stacked plate stand, Nana. Bet you will get lots of nice compliments from everyone who visits you and sees it.

You have a nice buffet similar to Jeanne's. Displays look really nice on those. Your table turned out really nice, looks good with either color on the bowls, they pull the colors out of the plates. Really like your pretty rooster and that piece with the eggs on it! What a great idea! That really made a cute vignette.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

"What Luvs Said"...DITTO! I like EVERYTHING too much to even pick a favorite.

I'm so glad you joined this Forum and can share your wonderful decorating with us. I'm especially happy to have another bunny (and rooster) lover! Quite a few of us are hooked on them, tho I think I'm probably a bit over-the-top with my bunny collection. The girls keep telling me how they are multiplying. LOL.

Oh, since you love bunnies, I have to mention a plate on eBay. Its the Fall one from 'Gnomes 4 Seasons' set (this had the only rabbit) I got this plate probably 12 yrs ago and it has remained my very favorite one ever!! Just 'speaks' to me. I really love it.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall 4 Seasons plate

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, I'd say your 1st attempt at stacked plates is a WINNER! Cute! Your old buffet is quite wonderful ...& I love that white & brown spotted rabbit in your display, which looks very "Fall-ish." I also love those pumpkin mats...fun to play with, I can see! S&P shakers look great with your new mats & napkins & rings, too. From another "vintage" person, Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Your table came out lovely. I like the contrast of your green bowls with your placemats..
    For a first attempt at stacking plates...I agree with Luvs
    they came out great. Another pretty color combination using the touches of purple mixed in.
    Your counter display is pretty and looks 'real country' with the egg display and hen.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw your side board..
    (similar to Jeanne's)...it's beautiful and displayed nicely too. I like those green canisters.

jane

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Ditto
    Ditto
    & Ditto
    I agree with everything already said, and I think your vintage stemware is lovely.

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Lovely Fall table and display, Nana!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

NanaK, wonderful table and I remember my parents having those same glasses. Bet with 6 kids, none of them made it to many years. It's good to see them again and brings back memories. Great buy on your place mats.

All your decorations look great. Is your beautiful stacked plates sitting on a doily with a rose in the center by chance?

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk Thank you for the compliments. Only one of my glasses has been broken. We used them mostly on holidays. The doily under my stacked plates doesn't have a rose in the center.
    NanaKaren

• jaybird
    13 years ago

It may have taken you forever, but it is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did such a lovely job on all of your decorations!
    Thank you so much for showing us.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Very nice, Karen! I like the green plates with them best . . . I think ;^D Love the grape napkin rings a lot and your leaf glasses, too. I have yet to try my hand at a stacked plate arrangement, as they look difficult. I think yours turned out very nicely.
    Lynn

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions